All reviews lazy river indoor pool room was clean hot tub boiled eggs choice hotels donuts make your own waffles yogurt the breakfast area trolley stop continental breakfast the main strip the great smoky mountains close to downtown definitely stay here again up to date
Reviewed April 25, 2016

We stayed here during a soccer tournament over the weekend, and while I'm still a little upset that the tournament would not permit us to select what hotel we could stay at, I'm pleased that this was not a "Bates Motel". It has issues that older hotels have such as a musty smell (new carpet and furnature could help), the lobby is dark and not inviting, but the staff was friendly and helpful. I stayed in one of the King bed w/sleeper sofa, and our room was clean and had a small balcony w/two chairs overlooking the street. For the price, I can't complain.

Room Tip: Would ask to stay on the 3rd floor or higher; lower level puts you at lobby and the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Sleepinngatlinburgtn, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2016

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad your room was clean and comfortable and you enjoyed the balcony.

Reviewed April 24, 2016

This place is the BEST!! Clean, courteous staff. easy access, all we wanted! A+++ all the way! I was impressed with how easy check in and check out was. The amenities were excellent, food was spot on. I would recommend this hotel to everyone I know. We travel up to Gatlinburg a few times a year and this was our first time at this establishment and will definitely not be our last. Welcome to the Great Smoky Mountains!

Room Tip: Personally I prefer rooms towards the top as the noise level seems to be less. Takes a little longer to get around but well worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank someonewillbuyit
Sleepinngatlinburgtn, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2016

We are always pleased to hear that our guests had a great time. Thank you for your nice comments.

Reviewed April 8, 2016

My family and I stayed here 3 nights for spring break. My sons loved the hot tub, pool and lazy river. The room was good and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was okay and not too small. However, we couldn't get any hot water to come from our sink in the bathroom so we had to use the hot water from the tub.

The fitness room had a recumbent bike, treadmill, and elliptical. It also had a tv in there so you can watch while you work out.

The breakfast was ok also. They had 2 waffle makers, krispy kreme donuts, bagels, toast, boiled eggs, trix yogurt, sausage, cereal, coffee, fresh fruit (apples and bananas, and juice (the orange juice was great). I would stay here again if I had to. It is not far from downtown and definitely walking distance to everything. However, if you want to drive there, they have parking for $10 and for $5 but it is farther down the strip.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Sleepinngatlinburgtn, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2016

Thank you so much for your nice comments. We are happy you enjoyed staying at our property and that your family loved the pool area.
We hope you will come stay with us again.

Reviewed April 4, 2016

My family and I stayed here because we had just enough points earned to get a free stay and this hotel was in that range. Its a little dated on the outside. The rooms are nice and updated. If you have ever stayed at a sleep in before then you know the look. It has an indoor pool and a lazy river(small) and is in walking distance to the aquarium. The staff was very friendly and even called other hotels in the area trying to find a room for our in-laws that wanted to come up too. I wouldn't stay here again but for the budget minded or closeness to the aquarium I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Don't get a balcony room if you want some quiet
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for letting us know about your visit.
Please visit us again when the area.

Reviewed March 30, 2016

First - I really appreciated the staff making it possible for us to have two connecting rooms. We were traveling with two teens and one room isn't enough anymore, but don't feel comfortable for them to have a room all by theirselves.
Our rooms overlooked the swimming pool - so the room was dark. Wish there was an extra lamp or floor lamp for the corner near the window- would make it easier to read or pack. Something I do with every hotel I visit is to check the filters on the AC system if possible. The filters needed a simple cleaning - very dusty. Also there was a peculiar odor in the room, but after running the AC unit for a while it dissipated.

Pros - the kids loved their comfy beds. In fact all of us sleep very well. The beds are on the firm side, so if somone likes a soft mattress - those people may not be happy with the beds. The pool area was well maintained and while we had plenty of towels - extras are at the main desk. There is a small lazy river, a main pool and a adequate hot tub. The pools are heated and are enclosed. This was one of the main reasons we stayed here. Several family members have stayed here in the past. Even in winter the kids can swim in the pool.

Breakfast was the same as most continental breakfasts - hard boiled eggs. Sausage, muffins, juice,milk. One can make waffles or heat pancakes. Donuts, bagels, etc. The staff did a good job of keeping the breakfast bar stocked. PHard to do when I see people taking 6 donuts at a time. The breakfast area is small- so it is probably better to take the food back to your room. Also better to go early - as it takes a while to make waffles. Overall it was fine for us.

The only real negative thing is the location- it is farther away from the activities. The trolley does run and makes stops right near the front. If you are young and healthy - then it is no problem to walk to most activities on the parkway. However, if you have knee problems, out of shape or just don't want to walk up to a mile one way then I recommend taking your car and pay to park it in one of the many parking lots. There is no free parking anywhere in Gatlinburg- so be warned.

Stayed: March 2016

Please visit us again on your next trip to Gatlinburg.
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay.