“Great outdoors experience!”
other travellers have booked this property
Beautiful views Stone fireplace and HDTV
Hot tub
Mountain View from Deck
Bath and Shower combo Tub
Seclusion only 10 mins from downtown
Cabin is A frame with window extending up for great views
Fall View
Hiking Trail
Smokey Mountain View
Beautiful Drive
River in Gatlinburg
Hiking Trail Waterfall
Grotto Falls, can explore behing the waterfall and cool off in the reflective pool
BOOK BEAR'S ESCAPE CABIN
Roaring Fork River
Laurel Falls Hike, short drive from cabin
Laurel Falls, short drive from cabin
Street is not steep
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

SheenerMa
Davie, Florida
“Adorable Cabin”
Reviewed September 22, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Cute and adorable. Nice views. good amenities. We loved sitting on the back patio.
Location close to Gatlinberg and Pigeon Forge. Peaceful area. We did not see any bears or any wildlife except a few moths and birds. Only complaint was the drive up to the location and the driveway. Both a bit challenging. More than we were comfortable doing at night so we left a few days early.

Liked best: peaceful cabin
Liked least: drive and driveway
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
23 Sep 2015
I am glad you liked the cabin, itself. And I am very surprise you left a day early because of the drive. This cabin is only a 1.2 mile from the Main Parkway, which is a wide 4 lane Highway. The cabin is located on the side of a mountain so the 1.2 miles is not flat and there is one major curve but it is not a curvy drive and the driveway is fairly flat. I love this cabin location because I can (and do often) visit with my little Prius even in the winter months. I am glad you enjoyed the cute bear décor and rustic elegant furnishings.
Elizabeth...
“Great outdoors experience!”
Reviewed September 16, 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

We absolutely loved this cabin!!!! My children loved having their own "game room" and we had plenty of space for a family of four. The cabin was decorated just beautifully with bears everywhere! We actually got to see a Momma bear with three cubs walking RIGHT outside the cabin!! It was scary and super cool at the same time! (I'll try to add a picture) The location of this cabin was great as well; right between Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. We will definitely be back to this area and will most likely stay in this cabin again!! Thanks for a great outdoors experience!!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Hot tub on the outside deck
Liked least: Driveway was hard to get in and out of.
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Susan B
Elgin, SC
“Sweet Little Cabin”
Reviewed July 27, 2015 for a stay in August 2014

My husband, son and I stayed at the Bear Escape last year and really enjoyed the time spent there. It was close to all the attractions but far enough off the beaten path to provide privacy. We loved the view and peaceful atmosphere! The driveway was a little challenging. :)
The owner was very kind and quick to resond to all questions. You will not regret choosing this Sweet Cabin!

JMattarel...
Margate, Florida
“Not bad”
Reviewed June 19, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

the cabin was wonderful. the driveway was extremely difficult and the hot tub was turning green, take care of those two things and it's the perfect rental.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Amy0907
Lizton, Indiana
“Peaceful and Convenient Retreat”
Reviewed May 27, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

We found the cabin with no problem, Dorothy's directions were great! I do see what guests mean about the driveway....there are holes that need to be filled in and it is a little rough to get out of. We enjoyed the pool table and foosball table. The two decks were nice to hang out on with seating to eat, a charcoal grill, rocking chairs and a swing. The hot tub was fair but lacked chemicals on our visit. The only thing that I didn't like was the king size bed. My husband and I woke up with sore backs everyday, and we are only in our early 40's. Overall, the cabin was clean and maintained. Convenient to Gatlinburg and the park!

29 May 2015
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the many amenities that the cabin has to offer like the fun game room with billiards, foosball, playstation, the big scree tvs, dvd players, board games, puzzles, and more. Last summer we contracted with a company to have the driveway refurbished every summer to fill any divots that come from the snow of the winter or rain of the spring. They were there last year and are coming out in June, so the driveway should not be an issue. I am sorry and surprised you did not love the mattress. I get regular compliments on how awesome the plush mattress is on the king bed, but bed softness can me a very personal appeal. By state law, the hot tub is emptied and cleaned out after every guest, so if you arrived immediately after the cleaning crew was there the water may have seemed overly fresh. But the hot tub has a time released Bromine (similar to Chlorine) canister inside that keeps the hottub chemicals at the recommended level. I know you expressed concern because you did not see a chemical floater but the canister is inside with the filter and you have to unscrew a cap to view it. I love the location of the hot tub, it is so private and relaxing to sit in the tub, hear the birds, and look over the mountain.
Kayjay555
Maryville, Tennessee
“Great getaway!!”
Reviewed February 6, 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

Everything was wonderful!! Very nicely decorated! Lots of attention to detail. Clean, well equipped, nice amenities, and well supplied. Very conscientious and accommodating property owner/manager. Exceeded expectations!

Only one issue: Steep drop off onto small gravel drive way. The gravel drive is in dire need of leveling work. (Based on other reviews, we anticipated this and brought the pickup truck instead of the minivan).

19 Feb 2015
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed the cabin and all of the nice amenities.
We are aware that the driveway gravel was replenished and spread out but the company did not finish the job by compacting it. We tried for some time to have this company go out and correct the issue but are now going a different route to resolve this. Next week, we have an experienced crew from Knoxville schedule to correctly refurbished the driveway. After this the driveway should not be any issue for any future guests. Thank you for the feedback. We hope to have you back on your next Gatlinburg getaway.
Derica Y
“Just Amazing!”
Reviewed December 29, 2014 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

My fiancé and I just got home from staying in this beautiful cabin! We loved everything about this place! We spent a lot of time in the hot tub and playing pool, and also enjoyed the fireplaces and board games! I would recommend this cabin to everyone visiting Gatlinburg! We have decided we are making it a tradition to come here every year.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing