“Great Accomodations and Beautiful area”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Bear Skye Cabin

Beautiful Smoky Mountain Luxury Cabin
Beautiful Mountain Views from the back deck Decorated in a mountain/bear theme.  New furnishings throughout
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Beautiful Mountain Views from the back deck
Decorated in a mountain/bear theme.  New furnishings throughout
Stacked stone gas fireplace.  42' HDTV
Fully equipped kitchen with beautiful granite and stainless appliances
Hand crafted amish dining table.  Seats 6
Game room with pool table and video arcade
Lower level bedroom with beautiul log bed
Relaxing hot tub overlooking a beautiful mountain range view and the twinkling lights of PigeonForge
Beautiful king bed and hand sewn mtn. themed quilt
Master Suite is over 700 sq. ft. with sitting area, recliners, whirlpool, deck and private
Romantic corner whirlpool tub.  Soak your cares away.
Rocking chairs on the private master bedroom deck overlooking the mountains. Great place to sip wine
Community pool open Memorial Day to Labor Day
Nestled in the woods and nature.  Very relaxing.
View of Mt. Leconte from the front porch
Gatlinburg and all its excitement is just a short 15 minute drive away
Floor Plan
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
10banga
Windsor, Canada
“Great Accomodations and Beautiful area”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

The pictures and review of Bear Skye were very accurate. Top shelf cabin. The dishwasher was broken but they advised at check in and the maintenance man came in and replaced it just after we arrived. The only thing that could be improved if it is possible would be to cut down a couple trees so there is a clearer view off the back decks. Everything was amazing. All of us (my 9 yr old daughter, 11 yr old son, my GF and her 16 yr old son) really enjoyed the accomodations and the activities in the area. We hiked; went tubing in Little Pigeon river; went whitewater rafting with Smoky Mtn Outdoors on upper Pigeon river; and went Ziplining with Climbworks. All were excellent except the water level was too low for heavier people the day we went river tubing. Our guides were excellent at Climbworks as was Amelia on our rafting trip

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: everything was excellent
Liked least: My mistake. When we left I followed google maps directions across to Pigeon Forge. OMG. Signage was poor and the roads were treacherous up & down and curvy. I have never gotten lost b4.
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
MegTravel...
“Sweet Cabin”
Reviewed May 5, 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

We really enjoyed our stay at Bear Skye Cabin. I cancelled all dinner reservations upon arrival because the cabin lends itself quite nicely to relaxing nights in. Between the well equipped kitchen, grill and hot tub, we didn't feel like leaving after long days hiking. Tip: We stocked up at Whole Foods prior to arrival and I am so glad we did as the one grocery store in town did not have much of a prime meat or organic selection. The cabin was clean, comfortable and adorable. My parents are traveling to Gatlinburg in a few weeks and my mom was bemoaning the lack of well rated cabin management companies. I feel very lucky that we booked in time to stay at Bear Skye. Mr. Crum runs a tight ship and it makes all the difference. Perfect cabin for our little weekend getaway.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
TN
Reviewed February 15, 2014 for a stay in February 2014
person found this review helpful

Rooms Location
Cleanliness Check-in / front desk
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
John L
Doraville, Georgia, United States
“Great cabin for holiday trip!”
Reviewed December 5, 2013 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

We booked this cabin for a Thanksgiving weekend trip, Wednesday - Sunday, and loved it. We were blessed to have snow for our first white Thanksgiving. Cabin is located where it is easy to get to Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge. The directions sent by the owner, Mr. Crum, were perfect and despite mountain roads, if you have a good sense of direction you will be fine getting back and forth. The property was nice, quiet and had great views. The full kitchen is a plus. I would say the only downside for us is the hot tub did not get hot at all, not even warm. I know the controls aren't rocket ship controls, so I guess the heater element just was not up to snuff. We will stay here again if not at the other great cabins in the area. I really liked the key-code entry system instead of worrying about keeping up with a key. The cabin also had very fast Wi-Fi in my opinion. There was no shovel for the snow and when I called the required maintenance person, he seemed not to be interested in helping and told me to call the owner. This was a bit of an issue because of needing to clear snow for two 70+ year olds to get in and out of the cabin safely. I was notified by the owner shovels had been purchased and must have been "borrowed" by neighboring cabins if we couldn't find them. We cleared the snow ourselves, but I really think maintenance should have come right out to help us (and the roads weren't bad at all so that wasn't it). But overall we loved this place. I highly recommend it to anyone.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Beautiful Views
Liked least: Hot tub not hot
Friends getaway Large groups
Lisa L
Clayton, NC
“Beautiful Cabin, Great Location”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 for a stay in June 2013
people found this review helpful

We were looking for a cabin to spend a few days in during our visit to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. This cabin exceeded all our expectations! This is a beautiful cabin that is very well taken care of and clean. The furnishings in the cabin are beautiful, very comfortable and "rustic". We loved the game room in the cabin with the Pool Table and other games. The hot tub out on the back deck was perfect and the views are superb. The views make you feel like you are staying in a big, beautiful tree house! The upstairs master suite is perfect - it's very large and roomy with a wonderful King size bed and the bedroom downstairs is convenient and cozy with a queen size bed. We enjoyed sitting on the deck off the master suite upstairs drinking coffee each morning. The owner was so easy to work with, and he was always quick to respond to our questions. I would highly recommend this cabin if you will be visiting the area. I'm sure we will be back!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The furnishings in the cabin and how comfortable everything was.
Liked least: Nothing! I can't wait to go back.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
Marv47710
Evansville, Indiana
“Perfect place to relax”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

The Bear Skye cabin is a perfect place to relax. Excellent accommodations, everything needed to enjoy is provided. It is a very comfortable place and the owner, Randall, is very responsive to any need. Walking around the neighborhood is fun. The hot tub and whirlpool bath add to the enjoyment and relaxation. We could not have enjoyed ourselves more.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The overall layout and comfort of the cabin
Liked least: Distance to shopping and sightseeing
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
KY
Reviewed July 10, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing