“Just What I Was Looking For!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Bear Skye Cabin

Beautiful Smoky Mountain Luxury Cabin
Beautiful Mountain Views from the back deck Decorated in a mountain/bear theme.  New furnishings throughout
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Beautiful Mountain Views from the back deck
Decorated in a mountain/bear theme.  New furnishings throughout
Stacked stone gas fireplace.  42' HDTV
Fully equipped kitchen with beautiful granite and stainless appliances
Hand crafted amish dining table.  Seats 6
Game room with pool table and video arcade
Lower level bedroom with beautiul log bed
Relaxing hot tub overlooking a beautiful mountain range view and the twinkling lights of PigeonForge
Beautiful king bed and hand sewn mtn. themed quilt
Master Suite is over 700 sq. ft. with sitting area, recliners, whirlpool, deck and private
Romantic corner whirlpool tub.  Soak your cares away.
Rocking chairs on the private master bedroom deck overlooking the mountains. Great place to sip wine
Community pool open Memorial Day to Labor Day
Nestled in the woods and nature.  Very relaxing.
View of Mt. Leconte from the front porch
Gatlinburg and all its excitement is just a short 15 minute drive away
Floor Plan
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
annatrave...
Rolla, Missouri
“Just What I Was Looking For!”
Reviewed November 1, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

This cabin was just what we needed for a four night getaway in the Smoky Mountains. We arrived late and it was a little tricky to find in the dark, but I had no trouble getting to and from the cabin for the remainder of our stay. When we first arrived, I was disappointed by the proximity of the cabin to neighboring cabins, but as I explored the area, I found this to be pretty common and the big beautiful trees in the community allow for privacy. Other reviewers stated that the outside could perhaps use a little refreshing, but I found nothing notable to affect our stay. The inside was very clean. I am a bit of a germ freak and I had arrived with Clorox wipes in case I needed them. I never got them out! The bedding looked and smelled fresh, the floors, couches and chairs were clean, kitchen & bathroom surfaces also clean. The only thing I noticed were that some of the hard to reach knickknacks had cobwebs on them as if they had been overlooked by the cleaning crew for a few months. Again, nothing that made our stay any less pleasant.

When I booked the cabin, the owner sent me an email with links on the best things to do in the area and there is also a binder on the coffee table with tips for guests. Both were helpful. We decided to extend our stay by one night when we arrived and the owner was easily accessible and willing to do so. The kitchen is well stocked for cooking meals – we even found a crock pot which was handy. The rooms are spacious (the upstairs bedroom is fantastic!), there is plenty of entertainment inside the cabin, but of course, the highlight is outside on the decks where the views are stunning.

The cabin is located up in the Arts & Crafts Community of Gatlinburg, so while it is a quick drive to downtown Gatlinburg, there are lots of little shops along the way where craftsmen are featuring pottery, art, etc. so we felt like we were tucked up in the mountains away from the hubbub but close enough to enjoy shopping and the National Park within minutes. There is a grocery store and post office within 10 minutes of the cabin too.

Even though there are hundreds of rental choices in the area, I plan to return to Bear Skye Cabin. I know it will be clean and comfortable. I am looking forward to seeing the Smoky Mountains in different seasons and I am looking forward to my next visit!

Liked best: Upstairs Bedroom & Pet Friendly
Liked least: Directions were a little hard to follow in the dark
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
jimmyfrom...
“Great place - needs some upkeep.”
Reviewed September 9, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

This cabin is everything it is advertised. Quite spacious and comfortable. The amenities are great: hot tub, pool table, Netflix and the an 80's - style arcade machine, which my kids loved.

The owner is very accessible and gives really thorough instructions and suggestions for your stay.

The place does need some upkeep (mainly exterior) compared to some of the other cabins in the area, but this did not influence our stay.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Size, location and amenities
Liked least: Noise from other cabins
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
7 Jun 2016
Thank you so much for staying at Bear Skye Cabin. We are glad that you enjoyed your time there. Please visit again sometime.
Laura L
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Beautiful views with life long memories made”
Reviewed August 26, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

Oh there is so much to say about this beautiful cabin! My husband and I (and another couple) stayed in this cabin over the weekend. The cabin was extremely clean for allowing pets to stay. You would never know that pets visit this cabin. Our friends brought their 2 dogs with them and there was a nice little side yard that the dogs could do their business (the side yard was extremely clean). The layout of the cabin was perfect for 2 sets of couples sharing a cabin. It was fun having a game room in the cabin. We went to use the grill for dinner on Saturday night and noticed there wasn't any propane. We called the maintenance man and he promptly fixed the problem. He was so helpful! The view from the balconies of this cabin are stunning! You have a mountain view all the way around. Watching the sunrise/sunset was wonderful. The location of this cabin is perfect. It's close to pigeon forge and Gatlinburg but far enough away to not be bothered with all the traffic those towns bring in. I can't wait to come back next year!! I would definitely recommend this place to stay.

Impreza2
Emmett, Michigan
“Great Price & Place to stay”
Reviewed July 8, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

It was Great here, and we took our dogs as well. We would totally stay here again for we you get for the money. Very close to town. If you plan to swim you need to ask Owner for the Pool code that is just down the road. we never asked for it so we could not get into the pool area.

Liked best: Huge Master Bed Room
Liked least: Small Yeard for dogs & Views of Mountains restricted by all the Trees.
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
LyndaClai...
Bartonville, Texas
“Great Cabin in the Smokies”
Reviewed June 28, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

This cabin was cute and very comfortable for my small family of 4. The views of the Smoky Mountains were great, and there was a lot to do in the area. We spent a week there, cooked some in the kitchen, enjoyed nearby Gatlinburg and the Smoky Mountain National Park, and walked up and down the hills in the neighborhood. There were other cabins perched throughout, but you didn't feel crowded or annoyed by other people staying nearby in any way. We especially loved sitting out on the back porches and watching the fireflies!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The fireflies, the spacious master bedroom with its own porch
Liked least: The pillows were flat; I'd recommend just bringing your own. The master bath was small. The speakers on the tv in the main living room were of poor quality and it was difficult to hear; we solved the problem by using our little bluetooth speaker.
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway
629billc
Tampa, Florida
“Don't want to leave”
Reviewed January 29, 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

In my opinion, this property is a tremendous value. We have a ten year old who loved hiking around outside and the pool/air hockey table and multi video machine put him in heaven. My wife and I are very comfortable and what a plus that we could bring our two dogs. All the amenities we needed, clean, spacious and the views are incredible. Very clean community. Close enough and yet far enough away from the hustle of downtown Gatlinburg. We have another night here and I'm confident we'll be back. My only improvement would be to upgrade the toilet paper and paper towels! For 5$ I can fix that and the rest was great!

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed October 20, 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing