The room was nice and clean, albeit a little small for a suite. The hike to the pavilion is worth it, but it would have been nice to have some refreshments there. The pavilion is very nice, hopefully more utilized at other times of the season.
The staff is very friendly. The only real negative has been referred to in another review as "bait and switch" continental breakfast. This is exactly the way we felt. My family just wanted to grab a quick danish and coffee or juice. Instead, you must sit at a table and be served from a very small selection by a server. The whole idea of the continental breakfast is simple and quick, self-service. My family had no desire to dine-in for breakfast, therefore we just skip this experience and stopped in town.
This was annoying, but this is a very nice place and will be even nicer with the plans for expansion they have in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This place is temporarily closed due to wildfire. No re-open date yet. Visiting our rustically elegant lodge is like stepping back in time, yet with all the modern amenities. Pristine Smoky Mountain views are the focal point of most our 44 luxurious individually appointed suites. Each suite offers a fireplace, balcony, cable TV and DVD, queen sleeper sofa, full kitchen, and large bathroom with a whirlpool soaking tub. While staying at our mountain retreat you could easily spend your days enjoying our walking trails, napping in the hammock by Buckberry Creek and enjoying the delicious fare of our restaurant - and never need venture beyond our driveway. And if you are looking to explore our incredible natural surroundings - hiking, fishing, skiing, fine arts and crafts and scenic drives are just minutes away. We'll even pack you a lunch...If you are staying with us on business or just want to let others know about our Great Camp of the Smokies, we provide free WiFi throughout the lodge. The Lodge at Buckberry Creek offers an unrivaled experience in the Smokies! Winter. Spring. Summer. Fall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca and Cancelon so you can book your The Lodge at Buckberry Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Buckberry Creek Hotel Gatlinburg
- Hotel At Buckberry Creek
- At Buckberry Creek Gatlinburg
- Lodge Buckberry Creek