“Loved it!!”

Chalet Rentals of the Smokies
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Chalet Rentals of the Smokies
kirkwood
“Loved it!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2007

We rented "tranquility" in November of 2006 to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We were very pleased with both the property, and with the girl Christina on the phone. We are a young couple and very proud to have made it so far along in our marriage, and wanted the perfect get-away. We found it at Chalet Rentals of the Smokies!
Definitely recommend them.

• Liked — the view and the bed
  • Disliked — heights
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Dallas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2006

We rented the "Grandma" Cabin from Kristi at Chalet Rentals of the Smokies from 9/2-9/8 and got LOUSY service. We rented the cabin because it said online that it had a moutain view, gas grill, jacuzzi, hot tub, pool table and satellite dish. Here are list of things that were wrong and that did not either get fixed or was still not right.
1) No propane for the gas grill - when called about it they said that our gas grill was ruined because someone had put charcoal in it and they would bring us out a charcoil grill that same day. 2 days later and at 6PM at night we do get a charcoil grill with NO CHARCOIL. When I called to find out where the charcoil was, she proceeded to tell me that the guests had to provide that. When I mentioned that we rented a cabin with a GAS GRILL and did not have charcoil she still didn't seem to care.
2)Hot tub had no water and was disgustingly filthy. I took pictures of it because it was so bad. Had a brown film on it and all the nozzles and filter were covered with black mold. Also told them about it and did not get any updates of when or if it would be fixed. I could not add it to this review because the file size was too large.
3)Remote for the Satellite did not work and when she looked at it, all she said was that they didn't put the right remote in the cabin and she would check on it. Never got back to us on that
4)Water leaking onto me from a vent above when taking a shower in the downstairs bathroom. When told about it she only asked if both my husband and I were taking showers at the same time. What kinda response is that!!
5)Frig started leaking water and I asked Kristi if it was because we turned on the Ice Maker and her only comment was that she was not sure and that maybe it was broken.
Another negative for the cabin is the road getting up there is horrible. We had our truck almost go over the embankment and had to call a tow truck. The local tow guy said that he has so many calls and complaints about this road and that the Chalets of the Smokies could hand it over to the city for upkeep but they are too cheap. I realize that we are not locals and do not have experience getting up and down the steep narrow road but some tips on how to get up and down would have been nice. I had emailed Krisit before the trip to see if there was anything we needed to know when we got there and that would have been the perfect time for her to give us hints and tips. I never got an email back on that either. When I told her about our incident with having to get our truck towed, She just asked if I was from Louisiana and when told yes..she was like...That is your problem. I'd like to know how many locals you have staying at your cabins..probably NONE! When we asked her if we could switch to another cabin that wasn't so far up the moutain, she said she had none. When later in day 3 of HORRIBLE service, I asked if I could cancel the rest of my reservation. I was told that there are NO EXCEPTIONS...not even for lousy service. She then moved us into another cabin (Yes Deer) with NO view, NO gas grill, NO jacuzzi, and NO pool table. It was well maintained unlike the other one and did have a hot tub but it just shows that they don't care about pleasing their customers. There was no dial tone in our new cabin which I told her about because I was scared we might have an emergency and our cell wouldn't work...She NEVER got back to me on that either!

12 Thank CrawfishGirl

Travellers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels