“Fantastic! A Great Stay.”

Marshall's Creek Rest Motel
Ranked #30 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 29 November 2011

My husband and I stayed at this motel during the week of Thanksgiving. It was wonderful. It was spacious and most importantly, very clean. It was in walking distance of all the action; however, it is located in a very quiet section and very close to The Village which we visited everyday. I would definitely stay again. My only suggestion would be that they include a refrigerator.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank AlabamaBajan

Reviewed 7 November 2011

If you are used to staying in a 5 star full amenities luxury hotel, this place is not for you. HOWEVER, if you are on a budget, or have other things in Gatlinburg that you want to spend your money on, "YET" still want to stay in the "CLEANEST" motel in Gatlinburg, then this one is well worth your consideration. Baskins Creek runs right beside it (within 4 feet). It is relaxing to sit on the front porch in the chairs and hear the creek running.

Now there is a reason they call it "rest" in the motel name. All loud noise (loud TV's, stereos, hooping and hollering) has to be reduced by 10 PM, which was great for my wife and me (we have had some serious noise problems with other guests in other places we have stayed)

The decor is of the 60's, 70's, (Knotty pine walls, paneling, etc) and the outside is a traditional (real) mountain stone, which again, for me, I loved it, as it reminded me of more simple times as a kid when going on vacation as a kid with family .

Again, if you require exercise halls, condo style rooms, indoor swimming pools, breakfast in bed, etc etc etc, by all means don't stop looking until you find it, but if you are a young or retired couple, or a small family, and the the price of accommodations are going to be a deal breaker as to getting to come to Gatlinburg or not, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you consider this local family owned for 50 years motel.

Also, the beds are comfortable and the rooms do not smell, ...and no bed bugs to bite :)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank Vic486
Reviewed 2 November 2011

We having been traveling to Gatlinburg for many years. We needed a place to stay for one night and I remembered this motel. We had five people and they had a room with three double beds. The room was very clean and within walking distance to main street. Instead of renting a cabin in the future we plan to go back to Marshall's creek and stay there. This is not a luxury motel but a down to earth knotty pine wall motel. Very clean.

Room Tip: The higher the number the closer you are to Baskin's Creek Road. Chose anywhere from 1 to 7.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank C_Cheung52
Reviewed 14 September 2011

we stayed at marshalls, for the first time sunday -tuesday night , it is very clean , and family owned....the owner (clyde) was amazing . we had a problem with my credit card checking in, (he offered me $300 cash ) as a loan i could pay back when we got it taken car of.. marshalls. is about two blocks from the village, in gatlinburg. a real easy walk to the parkway. ......feel free to contact me about this property. thanks.

Room Tip: there is only 20 rooms here.....we stayed in room 20 ! (the big room)
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank william j
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Marshall's Crest Rest. Quite, conveniently located and sits right on the river. Enjoyed sitting on the front porch and watching others walk to the "strip" in Gatlinburg. Management was very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank TNMTNGURL
Reviewed 7 June 2011

We spent 2 nights at Marshall's in Gatlinburg and loved it!
The rooms are clean, well maintained, and the staff was very friendly.
The price was much lower than other motels in Gatlinburg. It was just off parkway,
and it was a very short walk to there. It is an older property,and has been
maintained very well. Hardly any noise and traffic at all at this motel.
I would recommend this motel for couples who want peace and quiet and personal
attention from the staff. Wonderful pool also.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank gary5651
Reviewed 7 February 2011

Marshall's is one of the cleanest rooms I've ever stayed in. It's nothing fancy, but the friendliness and cleanliness keeps us coming back over and over again. You can't ask for a better location in downtown Gatlinburg.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family