“Very dog friendly!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped here as it was dog friendly. Such a great stop. Loved the cover patio and they brought the dogs iced water which they loved. Fried pickles were fair but the hillbilly philly was delicious! Will go back there again. Even without the dogs!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We didn’t have a good time, but we didn’t have a horrible time either. The food wasn’t great, the server wasn’t the best and the wait on our food and drinks was long. It was a last minute decision to eat here and it was a bad decision.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Dinner was ok. Potato salad was the highlight. Live musician was great! But it was extremely loud inside and I was overwhelmed by the loud patrons. Felt like I was in a bar not a restaurant.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place was an unexpected treat! They serve your typical bar food mixed with some comfort foods as well. I had the smokehouse panini with baked beans and potato salad. It was fantastic! Denver Evans was the live musician that night, and he was great to listen to. A very classy bar atmosphere with great food!

1  Thank Nicole Y
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So we are in town visiting and decided it was time for lunch today. Before coming down we had made a list of places to try from TripAdvisor and we were prepared and ready to eat! Alas that wasn’t going to happen today. Several places we wanted to visit were closed for one reason or another, and after 3 stops we were ready to give up.

We saw on our map that Back Alley has good reviews and was pretty close so why not at this point in the day?

So we arrive, place is packed, all the staff are rushing to take care of everyone in a timely fashion. They are all super friendly and we’re a joy to have help us today.

Chris was the bartender and our server. Down to earth and friendly, more than happy to answer questions. Really pleasant guy.

We ended up getting the Dyin Man and the Hillbilly Philly each with beer battered fries.

So the Dyin Man, it’s the most pork I’ve had on a sandwhich in my life and I’m okay with that. Thick slice of fried bologna, pulled pork dripping in sauce, bacon, cheddar on a toasted bun. I got the stone ground mustard on the side cause I’m always iffy on mustards.

Thing was a piece of decadence. Every bite was delicious, every ate some of the pulled pork off the sandwhich first to make it easier to handle. They are not afraid of portions here. And that was the best American sandwhich I’ve had in ages. The fries were also great. I’m not fries fan, if I don’t get them or miss out on them on not saddened. Husband was shocked that my plate was cleaned off before his. The beer battered fries are no joke tasty.

Will want to come back again sometime. Plenty of the menu to try, and the staff are a pleasure.

Jana P, Owner at Tom & Earl's Back Alley Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Amazing!! So happy you found us and your experience was Great! See you again!