“Great Pub”

The Ship Pub
Ranked #35 of 210 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Reviewed September 19, 2018

I chose this restaurant for a dinner after hearing the chef cooked meals at the evacuation shelter during the fire a couple of years ago and what I discovered was a new "go to" place for Gatlinburg. My server was excellent and very attentive. The potato skins were the best I have ever eaten and the chicken salad plate was very good. Not only did it include chicken salad, it had fresh fruit and a spring mix salad with raspberry vinaigrette dressing(on the greens and not the chicken salad). I had to "roll" out of there!!!

The decor was perfect for the pub atmosphere and included outdoor seating. The room could be a little noisy but was not a problem as I knew I was in a pub.

Reviewed September 17, 2018

The Ship Pub was very near our cabin and we enjoyed a dinner there one evening. We had the fish and chips and a great burger. Our waitress was very friendly.

Reviewed September 9, 2018

The Ship Pub remains one of our favorite restaurants and a key reason we visit Gatlinburg.

They offer some of the best fish and chips outside the UK. On this visit, my fish was a bit too heavily battered on the underside resulting in too much retained oil. My wife's looked and tasted fine. While it wasn't a huge problem, it gave me a meal that was "good" rather than "excellent". Things happen but this underscores the need for tight quality control in even the best restaurants. I didn't complain at the time but I believe they would have corrected the dish if I had asked.

Overall, we remain pleased with The Ship and it is still one of our favorite restaurants. We look forward to our next visit.

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were here for his birthday lunch and thoroughly enjoyed our visit! The beer flight was a great way to sample good beers. He loves stouts and porters and they had great choices. The cottage pie was a tasty choice with great presentation. Our waitress, Raven was lovely and great service. We will definitely be returning.

Reviewed August 13, 2018

Very good service,friendly staff, the fish and chips were awesome, staff was knowledgeable and the beer was very cold.Life is good.

Date of visit: August 2018