“Pleasant environment; good eats!”

Trish’s Mountain Diner
Ranked #11 of 210 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Price range: US$2 - US$15
Description: Breakfast Hours: 7am -11 am Lunch Hours: 11 am - 2:30 pm. We offer a large selection of down home southern cooking items on our menu, with a few international choices cooked with a southern flare. Although we are not a vegetarian or gluten free establishment, our menu offers many choices where you could enjoy a meal by choosing items that are considered vegetarian and items that do not contain gluten products. Our diner is small and welcoming to anyone who would like to experience good old southern hospitality and charm. We are not currently open for dinner!
Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

I live in Knoxville and eat at Trish’s whenever I travel through gatlinburg on business. I’ve had breakfast several times which has always been really good! Lunch, also, several times which has always been consistently good. The dining room has always appeared clean and the waitresses are fun and friendly. The portions are overly generous and the prices are a bargain. Good clean family place.

1  Thank Dee H

Reviewed June 19, 2018

Expensive for what you get. But it is clean. Closed too often. Food is just ok. I don't like remade gravy!

Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

This is simply hands down the most amazing little diner around. Every time we have ate here we are NEVER disappointed. The food is always fresh and hot (cooked to order). The staff is always helpful and even on the busiest days they strive to make everyone there feel at home. We look forward to each trip to the mountains to just be able to stop in this little gem.

2  Thank Getaway780670
Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

Stopped by with family based on the ratings. The food was great - mountain sub, part melt, Swiss mushroom burger, and chicken sandwich. Every was fresh and hot but unfortunately the service was the worst we have ever had. We were seated at around the same time as another couple. The waitress took their drink order, gave them menues, returned with their drinks, took their order before she even acknowledged us some 10 minutes later. She took our drink order and then did not return for another 10 minutes. By this time the couple around us had already received their food before we even ordered. When I was ordering I asked her reccomendation between 2 items and she just shrugged her shoulders and said "eah". She ignored our table of 5 adults and 2 children for the next 20 minutes - no refills. No your order will be here shortly. We were ready to pay for our drinks and leave when the food finally arrived - minus 2 orders. She said she would be right back with those - returned about 5 minutes later with tea and water and said the window was full and the orders will be out soon. Finally got the orders and the food was very tasty. The other waitresses were very friendly with everyone and even brought out BBQ when I asked my waitress for some at he start. Our waitress seemed to be friendly only to the locals and had no time for those on vacation. We have been to many, many restaurants in the area over the years and have always had great, friendly service. Never have we had an experience like this where is appeared the waitress could care less about the customer. Even though the food was great, we will never be back or reccomend this restaurant based stictly on the service. There are many other restaurants around that provide excellent food and service.

5  Thank ckgourley
Trish R, Manager at Trish’s Mountain Diner, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2018

Good morning,
I was very sorry to see your experience was not of the quality, we usually offer. Since there were only two servers on staff yesterday, I will be able to specifically address this situation. As you can see from the majority of our Trip Advisor posts, this is not typically the kind of service people receive. Being short staffed is no excuse for unfriendly service and I understand if you did not return because of your experience that day. We are striving to train and maintain quality and caring staff here, therefore this situation will be addressed immediately. My apologies once again.
Trish

Reviewed June 13, 2018

Very good food in a lovely setting. My hamburger was hot and delicious and my son really enjoyed his Rueben A very nice local place to enjoy a meal!