“Best BBQ”

Delauder's Smoky Mountain BBQ
Ranked #8 of 209 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Description: Please follow the link to our website for details. We are a small BBQ restaurant located about 3.5 miles from town, we are just inside the city limits. We are so blessed to have people love us so much, to hunt us down and let us feed them! Thanks so much EVERYONE!
Reviewed June 21, 2018

This place is great and so is the family. This is truly a family run business and they take pride in the food they make. We ordered some food to go and the whole time it was being made the owner chatted with us and shared stories. You felt like you were visiting someone’s house rather than a restaurant! It was such a different feel than most of the other places in Gatlinburg. And yes, the BBQ was absolutely fantastic! Best we’ve had in the Smoky’s.

This place is a little hard to find (it’s tucked behind a couple other businesses), but it’s totally worth searching out.

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Great barbecue and sides. Some of the best I've had, and I eat barbecue every chance I get. And yes, sometimes they run out early. Here's a hint, never eat at a barbeque place that doesn't run out early, if they never run out, you're eating reheated left overs

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Stopped by this place as we passed through Gatlinburg the other day. As I walked in with my family, I noticed the two smokers going outside. Both look like backyard smokers found across America. It truly is a small bbq joint.

All of our food was great, but the pulled pork really stood out. Thank you for the delicious meal. We will return next time we drive near town.

Reviewed June 13, 2018

I love finding great out-of-the-way restaurants on TripAdvisor, and I particularly enjoy supporting family-run operations. Delauder's may make the best BBQ ever, but I guess I will never know. Last fall, my husband and I checked their hours online and went to Delauder's for lunch; unfortunately, the place was closed twenty minutes after the posted opening time. There was a sign up explaining the closure (something about a truck delivery). We were disappointed, but knowing that small businesses can encounter unexpected disruptions, we headed elsewhere for lunch and looked forward to visiting on another occasion.

Last Friday, we went to Delauder's at 12:30, the posted opening time. Several folks were already waiting outside. At about 12:40, a customer walked up, telling his friend that "someone inside the restaurant" had just told him that it would be another "30 or 45 minutes" before the place opened. My husband and I decided to kill some time visiting other businesses in the area, and a local business owner told us that Delauder's has "great BBQ," but "almost never" opens on time. By 12:55, we walked back to Delauder's--still not open. Keep in mind that Delauder's sometimes runs out of food and closes early. So if you plan to go there, don't arrive too early--or late!

Getting a great BBQ meal should not be this difficult. Tennessee has tons of wonderful BBQ places, including family-run operations with predictable hours. I wish Delauder's was one of them.

9  Thank Smokies1954
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

The portions were huge. Awesome fried macaroni and pulled pork. Whole family loved it. Worth seeking it out.

1  Thank Davejan513