“Good price and clean” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Rowlett, Texas, USA
“Good price and clean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

My friend and I stayed 2 nights. They don't have rooms with 2 beds, so I took the sofa bed. The sofa bed was hard to open fully, and we had to get help with it the first night. The sofa bed was sleepable, but not particulary comfortable. It does have a kitchenette, but we really didn't need it. The bathroom sink was separate from the tub/shower and toilet, which made it impossible to put a night light up (important if you're staying in different places for 3 weeks) as the plugs are in the sink area. The TV was large, and the sofa was comfortable as a sofa. There's a Friday's within walking distance. It seems to be in a pretty good neighborhood, and we were only 5 miles from the Metro station.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank texasFox D
allen d, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Because you matter to us, we personally read each review and use your insight to take note of our guest's needs. It is always our goal to exceed expectations and provide quality service. All 120 of our Suites have been NEWLY RENOVATED and that includes our Sofa Sleepers. Therefore, most of our sofas are still in that NEW faze and have not been "broken in" so to speak, or rather slept on such as those in older hotels. The design of our bathrooms was based upon research/guest surveys that suggested having the sink/mirrored vanity area separate from the restroom would allow more functionality. However, your comments have been duly noted and upon your next visit we will be happy to try and accommodate you with another source of power for your illumination needs. Also...if I may suggest, that the next time you are visiting the area with friends or family, please contact us and request a Two Bedroom Suite. There are two kinds, (A) Standard Two Bedroom Suite and (B) Deluxe Two Bedroom Suite. Both have separate bedrooms with individual bathrooms, a shared living room area with pull-out sofa sleeper and a fully equipped kitchen. The main difference between these two suites is that the Standard has 2 beds and the Deluxe has 3 beds. We provide 1 King Bed in one bedroom and in the case of the Deluxe, not 1 but 2 Queen Beds in the other room. With these two types of Suites (Standard Two Bedroom two Bath and Deluxe Two Bedroom two Bath) I am sure your next stay will be more comfortable and you will all enjoy an equally restful night's sleep. Please feel free to contact us to discuss the appropriate option that will better enhance your stay. Thank you once again and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sleep Well,
Residence Inn Greenbelt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

I am a Drama & Theater Teacher from New York City and up and coming Playwright and Screenwriter. The Residence Inn Greenbelt allowed me to shoot my Promotional Film Trailer for my play "Am I My Brother's Keeper?" this past Memorial Day Weekend. What can I say about the staff? They are wonderful!! From the general manager Allen who gave me his blessing for the shoot, to the Guest Relations Agent Kesha, who provided me with an early check-in as soon as I arrived from New York City at 11 AM, to the Assistant Manager Chad who checked on me during the shoot- the staff at Residence Inn Greenbelt is truly like no other! Kesha even called me when I was stuck in traffic in Baltimore, to let me know my Make-Up Artist had arrived. Hosekeep was excellent and the staff throughout the property are very friendly. The grounds at this hotel are beautiful and the rooms have been immaculately renovated. You won't be disappointed! My cast was impressed with the suite I rented for the shoot. My play premieres in Maryland September 15, 2012 and you best believe that I will be staying at the Residence Inn Greenbelt when I come down from New York City for rehearsals this summer. Once again, thank you so much to the staff of the Residence Inn Greenbelt for helping to make my dreams a reality!!!!

Landra V. Phillips
CEO, Writer, Director, @ Six Feet High Productions

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
allen d, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
WOW! Thank you for the wonderful review and we hope you will keep up the great work you are doing. We are all looking forward to seeing your finished production. Please keep in touch Landra, and as they say in the theater "Break A Leg" but not literally :o))

Best Wishes!
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night, in town to visit a close friend. We selected the hotel based on the following factors: 1. larger room (studio), kitchen, location, and pool area. We were not disappointed.

The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. Our room was bright, open, airy and clean. I loved the decor and the furnishings. Very new, fresh and updated.

Because it had a full fridge and small kitchen with ample counter space, we were able to set up a small spread of snack foods and drinks for our visit. We also learned that if you are staying for an extended time and need groceries, that the hotel staff will go shopping for me at no additional fee. (Of course, you pay for the groceries!)

I would find it very easy and comfortable to stay here for am extended period of time. The room was like a small apartment with everything you need!

We sat poolside for an hour or two and there were many families taking advantage of this great pool area. The BBQ area is very nice. Large stainless steel grill was getting put to good use the day of our visit!

We also made it to a Starbucks the next day in less than 5 minutes by car!

If in area again, will return!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,
We are simply delighted to have had you here with us when you could have had your choice of thousands of hotels. It is always nice to see our guest enjoying themselves and making use of the many amenities we provide. In the "hotel world" we think of the Residence Inn as more than just a hotel, but a Home Away From Home for our guest. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to warmly welcoming you back upon your return.

COLUMBIA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

My wife and I stayed here for four nights while visiting our daughter at the University of Maryland and catching some major league baseball in Baltimore. Location was perfect for what we wanted to do and the price was competitive with a standard hotel room. We liked the space in the one bedroom suite for an extended stay. Front desk and housekeeping staff were efficient and professional. The suite was very clean and well stocked with dishes, glasses, etc. One minor annoyance was that housekeeping seemed to occur late in the day when we were returning from sightseeing when we wanted to relax and have some quiet time. All in all a quite good experience and we will return when in College Park.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SCShaker
allen d, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, 31 May 2012
Dear SCShaker,
Thanks to our wonderful guest such as you and your lovely wife, we hope to change that 5 of 5 status real soon. We thank you for your honest review and we apologize for the minor housekeeping annoyance. So... your daughter attends the University of Maryland, what a great experience! We often accommodate guest who are visiting loved ones at the University. Before you know it your baby will be graduating, but you don't have to wait until then for another visit to the Residence Inn Greenbelt. Our doors will always be open and we will be waiting to welcome you once again.

Wishing You & Your Family All the Best,

Highland Park, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

I enjoyed everything about this Hotel. The location was wonderful and it was close to a variety of eating and shopping places. Check-in and check-out was quick and easy. The desk clerk and shuttle driver were very pleasant. The morning buffet was delicious as was the evening meal. I will recommend this hotel to all of my co-workers who have to come that way. I had a late flight and there was no problem getting a late checkout. The room was clean, cozy and comfortable. I will definitely stay there when my job sends me back to New Carrollton.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
allen d, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Dear Dawn W,
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are glad that you had a pleasant experience while visiting our hotel. It is our goal to make each visit a stay you'll remember fondly and judging by your comments, we have succeeded. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Wishes,

Oyster Bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

I have stayed in this particular hotel several times as it is close to DC with a much better rate than DC hotels. I very much appreciated the fact that the front desk clerk upgraded me to a suite without having to ask. Recognizing repeat customers is always a win-win for botht he hotel and the customer. Only negative is that the breakfast was a little disappointing quality wise.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
How many times have we heard "LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION!" and the old "You get what you pay for"? Well here at the Residence Inn Greenbelt we have managed to merge the best of both worlds. Like you, many of our guests appreciate the value of a good location and quality service. We are pleased to be able to provide you with both. As you know we are centrally located and close to major points of interest. We understand our guests' need for quality service at a reasonable price especially during these economic times. That's why we make it one of our goals to promote the best value for the many services that we provide such as Free Hot Buffet Breakfast, Free Internet, Free Business Center, Free Sports Court, Free Evening Manager's Reception, and Free Shuttle Service and yes... Free Upgrades whenever possible to our wonderful guest such as you. We are always improving and coming up with ways to enhance your stay. So thank you for taking the time to write and here's a BIG, Welcome Back Rick! Our Doors Are Always Open.

Until We Meet Again,

Director of Sales, CHSP
Aberdeen, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

Have stayed here several times with most recent visit on 5/16/12. Hotel is nice and has been recently remodeled. Very close to U of Maryland which was the reason for our visit. Rooms are clean and the staff is courteous and helpful. Free breakfast is an added benefit.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Craig L
Dear Craig L.,
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay in one of our Newly Renovated Suites. We honestly believe that "Cleanliness is next to..." well in this case the University of Maryland (smile). We pride ourselves on providing every guest with a clean room, a pleasant stay and service so memorable that you will return again and again. Thank you for allowing us to be of service and we look forward to your return.

Sleep Well Craig L.,

Residence Inn Greenbelt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenbelt
0.1 km away
3.3 km away
Hampton Inn - College Park
Hampton Inn - College Park
#2 of 11 in College Park

Been to Residence Inn Greenbelt? Share your experiences!