We stayed here as a couple on a visit to Washington DC. It's quite close to BWI airport ($6 bus trip per person and MUCH cheaper than flying into Dulles and just about as close).
Honestly, the room was excellent, no complaints whatsoever. We stayed on the top floor. Clean, huge bed, good bathroom/shower. I only had a few issues.
1. Main issue was the hotel shuttle organisation. As the hotel is out in the boondocks we had to rely on the shuttle to get to the nearest Metro (Greenbelt). When we arrived at Greenbelt from the airport bus we ended up calling the hotel to ask about the shuttle and were hung up on 3 times before we could ask where to wait (we missed the first shuttle bus as we were in the wrong area). TIP: Always call the hotel and wait at the head of the taxi queue, not the bus area.
Don't ever wait for the shuttle, call them or it might never turn up! But when we asked in the lobby (after having to call for the shuttle *every* time from the station) we were told 'it leaves at 10:30' as if we were idiots and the woman at the desk just walked away.
The waiting point for the shuttle at Metro Greenbelt is out in the open, which was quite uncomfortable in a generally unseasonably warm November and we were kind of afraid to wait in the station in case the bus left quickly like on our first arrival.
2. The hotel is in a business area. When you arrive you might want to pick up bathroom goods etc. There is a shopping precinct (Safeway, CVS etc.) a small hike (10-15mins) away across several often unlit car parks. Passing some of the shops (liquor and hair weaves) we had to go through small crowds of people that were a little intimidating.
3. The hotel food was rather bland. One night we had the room service delivery (very nice and friendly girl). We both decided not to get the hotel food again (pasta and pizza). I must say though I've previously had the Holiday Inn breakfast and thought it was great.
I'm nitpicking though. The shuttle was an essential and welcome (if a little unreliably managed) perk to the hotel and we were safe enough walking to the shops once. I never expect the food to be great in a hotel. Most importantly, the room was excellent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Washington, DC / Greenbelt completes multi-million dollar renovation! The newly renovated Holiday Inn Washington, DC / Greenbelt is a full-service hotel conveniently located near many government and corporate offices: NASA, Verizon, IRS, FDA, USDA, Lockheed Martin, the University of Maryland in College Park, and New Carrollton Amtrak and Greenbelt Metro stations are within 5 miles. Corporate guests will appreciate the free high-speed Internet, and fitness center. Leisure travelers staying at the Greenbelt hotel will enjoy visiting Six Flags America and the Greenway Center Shopping Center, plus the many attractions in nearby Washington, DC, Baltimore, and Annapolis. Sports enthusiasts will be convenient to FedEx Field - Washington Redskins, RFK Stadium - Washington Nationals and DC United, Verizon Center - Capitals, Wizards, and Mystics. At the newly renovated Holiday Inn Washington DC/Greenbelt, our service is outstanding and our accommodations are superb. Kids Eat Free in Willy K's, our comfortable and recently renovated restaurant and lounge. The Holiday Inn Washington, DC/Greenbelt offers two meeting rooms and is located adjacent to the Martin's Crosswinds Catering Facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc / Greenbelt Md Hotel Greenbelt
- Holiday Inn Greenbelt Nasa
- Greenbelt Holiday Inn