“20th Anniversary”

Ranked #1 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
“20th Anniversary”
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Wow, my husband really surprised me with a stay at O. Henry. I never expressed to him that I wanted to stay here. We are triad residents, so I have seen the outside of the hotel plenty of times. Well last night I final saw the inside. It is gorgeous!!! We have been treated like special guest from the moment we got our luggage out our vehicle. Great customer service from the staff we encountered. Our waiter last night was wonderful. The room is outstanding - I love the bathroom. It's great to have a hotel like this in the local area.

I would like to mention that our room was a little cold. Even with the heat turned up, there was a cold draft. The covers on the bed were thick enough for me not to call room service, lol. Even with that minor issue, we will return in the future!!!

J&Y Taylor

Room Tip: 5th floor facing parking lot has been cozy & noise free.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
EggersP, Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Happy 20th Anniversary! We are honored you shared such a special day with us, thank you! I am glad you enjoyed your stay (and I agree with you on the bathrooms, I think they are the best part about the rooms). Thank you for sharing about the room temperature, we will investigate that and ensure the room is heating correctly. We look forward to your next time with us!
My Best, Peyton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Gentlemen spend the time to make a reservation and choose a package for your sweetheart. The location to shopping,restaurants and Greensboros social scene is ideal. The hotel and staff is a taste from old world elegance without losing our modern amenities. You will owe me!

Room Tip: Choose a package that best suites your taste.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
EggersP, Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Thank you for staying with us, I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed one of our romantic packages! We have some great packages for Valentine's this month and offer many packages throughout the year. Hope to see you again soon!

Peyton
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We live in the area, but had a chance to spend a night here recently. This is an excellent hotel that strives for perfection.

Pros: Very nice room. Excellent front desk staff. Beautiful lobby area. Most of the employees are very well trained. Very clean room and bathroom!

Cons:

We used their van service 2 times. The first driver was outstanding, but the second driver needed some improvement (e.g. He was playing loud music in the van that wasn't particularly pleasant.)

The restaurant needs to train their wait staff better. Our waitress came to our table with 2 salads and 2 glasses of wine in her full hands and just kind of plopped the stuff down on the table. Not exactly a first class presentation.

Their breakfast buffet was somewhat mediocre and they ran out of tables. Someone finally guided us to another room.

This is a solid 4-star hotel and Greensboro is fortunate to have the O. Henry and its sister property the Proximity.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FL410
EggersP, Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this review, 28 January 2012
Hello! Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. We are grateful for your honest feedback, it allows us to work on the ways in which we did not meet our standards. I have shared the feedback with our team and we are working on fixing the issues you experienced.

If you have another opportunity to visit us, we would love to have you back! Call me directly at 336-544-9603 and I will ensure we take great care of you.

Peyton
Lexington, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 January 2012

This was our fourth stay at the O'Henry. It is our very favorite place to get away for short stays as we live only 30 miles away. We have traveled extensively both in the US and abroad. This hotel ranks among the best we have stayed world-wide. On this trip-to celebrate the New Year with another couple-we took advantage of the holiday special which added a second night's stay and a bottle of sparking wine for just $100.

The restaurant on the property, Green Valley Grill, is absolutely first-rate. We ate there on New Year's Eve. A prix-fixe dinner that evening was spectacular.

We also took advantage of the free transportation in the London taxi to visit the Print Works Bistro, another restaurant owned by the same family-owned company (Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants & Hotels) . We have used this service several times. Every driver we have encountered has been so personable and pleasant they have added to the enjoyment of the evening.

What a pleasure to visit hotels and restaurants where customer service is obviously the first priority! We look forward to returning again and again to recharge our batteries and enjoy being pampered.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong anywhere in this hotel.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
EggersP, Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
Happy 2012! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your New Year's Eve with us. I will pass along to our transportation team the great service you experienced, thank you for sharing this! We hope to see you soon. My Best, Peyton
Greensboro
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Kudos to design team who helped create this space. Recreates a sense of grand charm from hotels of days gone by when you felt special to be away from home.

Beautiful lobby which serves high tea and an outstanding restaurant add to the comfort level. Old world charms abound, even in the lobby restrooms which look as if they're from the same era as the original O'Henry hotel.

My grandfather was the night manager at the original O'Henry back in the 30's. I am certain he would be proud of this lovely remake.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
EggersP, Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this review, 16 December 2011
Thank you for your kind words on our ambiance and design, we are so happy you enjoyed it and honored that our design team would have made your grandfather proud. Did you get to see the print of the original O.Henry Hotel? We have a few in our hallways. We hope to see you again. My Best, Peyton
Staunton, Virginia
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We stayed on the first night of our honeymoon. I had called and made the reservations probably a month or so ahead of time and the staff was polite and helpful. When we arrived they found our reservation immediately checked us in very efficiently. They remembered we were on our honeymoon and asked how our wedding was etc. We had rose petals set up in the room and chocolate covered strawberries. The staff made a heart on our bed with the petals and the strawberries were delicious. They went above and beyond. Our room was spotless and believe me, I am a germaphobe! I had been unsure at first, because of how expensive it was, but it was so worth it! I am glad we didnt stay anywhere else!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
EggersP, Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this review, 16 December 2011
Congratulations on your marriage! We are so honored that you chose to spend your special night with us at the O.Henry Hotel, and are thrilled you enjoyed your stay! We hope you can make us apart of your special occasions for years to come. Best Regards, Peyton.
Reviewed 3 November 2011

We enjoyed staying there but had imagined the rooms being nicer. Definitely needs updating but the service was great. Would stay there again for a special occasion if the price was right. Too expensive for the rooms. Its not the Ritz.

• Stayed July 2011
EggersP, Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this review, 17 November 2011
Thank you for the feedback! Our design team is constantly looking for ways to improve our rooms and we love hearing what our guests think. If you have any further information I would love to hear it, my e-mail is peggers@qwrh.com. If you are in the Greensboro area during the Holidays keep us in mind, we have a lot of great specials to offer. Thank you, Peyton