“Overworked delivery.....lady”

Carolina's Diner
Ranked #26 of 992 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: This restaurant, one of several Carolina's Diners in the area, has been here for at least ten years, maybe longer.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

This spot has fantastic food especially the sirloin smothered in onions and mushrooms...oh wait the potato soup is addicting. I am affiliated with the hotel across the street from the diner, and the new owners are renovating...totally renovating the hotel. We recommend this restaurant, on a regular basis, the 10% discount "someone" offered, as well as the fact they deliver. We have recently been informed that the guest who orders from this establishment must pick up order in the hotel lobby, and this request is reasonable. I personally checked in a guest this evening, who was recommended to the DAYS INN....his truck was being serviced at Freightliner...He was an older gentleman, very friendly and asked about CAROLINA's Diner.....I highly recommended the Sirloin Steak, mentioned the 10% discount as well as their delivery service. He made the call, and as I was leaving, the "manager","delivery person" and/or the waitress came rushing thru the door, bag with plate in it was twisted in a knot and the plate was turned on its side. The "deliverer" exclaimed that she had worked 2 shifts and was tired..I asked her about the hotel's 10% discount and she immediately let us know that discount did not apply to deliveries. I was curious as to why the delivery actually occurred at the business who was familiar with this 10% incentive, and thought this was unfair to our guests........well I will not bog you down with details, although this delivery person proceeded to knock on the bathroom door...repeatedly ask for my last name...I heard her asking "oblivious" guest if the door she was knocking lead to an office? Ok..ok at this point in the "transaction" we could have both behaved differently.........I was "freaked out" at this point...I exited the bathroom, informed the "delivery gal" that my last name was irrelevant....unless she was a police. This is what I am guilty of.....I punched out drove across the street and asked for the manager....guess who popped their head around the corner....the delivery gal. She was mad, I was mad and I was sincerely expecting to figure this out. She ordered me out, told me they were no longer offering delivery at the hotel ....oh wait and then threatened me she was calling tha police. Actually she ordered the poor employees to call the police....well that just kept doing what they were doing. Lady was trembling at this point and actually ....approached me.....she "feigned" sorrow for my children.....I left the establishment. To whom much is given much is required...u offer tha dam discount...simply honor it. I do not expect sympathy from this establishment...I do however bet this employee has exhibited this behavior in the past. PS I have never ever had a problem with the employees at this place before..actually the opposite..these girls work hard for their money....and the food is phenomenal......

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

I was in search of a simple Southern meal, and I found it here. I had the Country Fried Chicken and Gravy accompanied with carrots and fried green tomatoes. It also came with a side salad. The chicken was better than average; the carrots and tomatoes were average. The salad was quite nice with ranch dressing. I ordered the ranch because it was the only dressing made in-house. Additionally, their iced tea was very good.

Reviewed March 21, 2018

Great little place with a nice atmosphere. Went with the waitresses recommendation of the chicken fried chicken. Added some green beans and mashed potatoes to round it out. The gravy had a very good flavor and the chicken was cooked very well and tasty. Plus it was reasonably priced. I will be back to try some other menu items.

Reviewed March 19, 2018

The outside looks like an old fast food restaurant but the inside has been redone to look like a diner with the booths, decor, and old music! Breakfast is served all day along with sandwiches, "diner" style home cooked meals, and homemade desserts. I had the 2 egg breakfast which came with bacon, 2 eggs, hashbrowns, grits, and toast. Price was great at $7.41. Service was good and food came quickly. Only reason I'm not giving five stars is that the floors had not been swept and there was food and napkins under the table. However, I would come back!

Reviewed March 14, 2018

I was very happy with the way the liver pudding was cooked and it went well with the grits (cooked enough but needed some seasoning), eggs (over easy done right) and wheat toast (requested no potatoes). The wait staff was friendly but had some kind of issue going on with the kitchen and they were "sharing" in the customer area. Over all a good diner and a decent place to eat.

Date of visit: February 2018