Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
a beautiful museum

We made a trip to Greensboro to do some antiquing and decided to also check out the Weatherspoon... read more

Reviewed August 7, 2018
cheryl h
Durham, North Carolina
Small but nice

We came in February, 2018. The museum is totally handicapped accessible. The exhibits we saw were... read more

Reviewed February 8, 2018
stub905
Columbia, Maryland

All reviews sculpture garden impressive collection on display great place to visit campus uncg wetherspoon galleries admission exhibits facility
Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

They were installing a new exhibit downstairs, and so only the 4 galleries upstairs were on view. There was little art I enjoyed, and I really could have zipped through in 10 minutes without feeling I missed anything
Free!

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed October 27, 2017

The Weatherspoon is a small but lovely museum located right on the UNCG campus. Entrance is free and there's also free parking in an adjacent lot. Apparently, several of the exhibits rotate. When my friend and I visited, everything on display was contemporary. Some of it was thought-provoking, some of it was playful and some of it was worth sitting in front of and enjoying for a while. The staff members were friendly, well-informed and more than willing to answer questions and trade opinions. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Oh! And be sure not to miss the ceiling frieze in the main entry. It's wonderful!

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

This is a rare gem in Greensboro, and I highly recommend a visit. The staff is friendly, the galleries engaging and the facility easy to walk through. There are a variety of shows, mostly focusing on modern art.

Date of experience: March 2017
2  Thank markhF9777PX
Reviewed October 2, 2017

I was really impressed that a city this size has this caliber museum. I loved it! It was the one 'free" day we had post game before returning home and this was a great afternoon activity. Impressive collection, highly recommend as an immersive experience

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank MrsH0dges
Reviewed March 13, 2017

We weren't sure what we would find here, but for the steep price (it is FREE), we decided to check it out. We were very glad that we did. Several permanent exhibits are on display and there are galleries for visiting exhibits as well. We got to see a terrific photography exhibit. If you are interested in art at all, this is well worth your time.

Date of experience: March 2017