“Great location, Overpriced and poor quality food.”

New Orleans Bar & Grill
Ranked #142 of 992 Restaurants in Greensboro
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: New Orleans Bars & Grill feels proud to cater your special events, catering services, parties etc. We provide accommodation for 200 guests at a time in our formal dining arrangement with our extremely qualified staff. We firmly believe in offering superior quality customer services to our customers. At New Orleans Bars & Grill, we experience what actually needs to have a substantial food party! Our management team takes pride in making all the possible alternatives that fit in your budget. We feel proud to be Triad's only authentic Cajun restaurant that provides great quality Cajun cuisine in a huge and comfortable environment with two fully stocked bars. This is our dedication to our valued customer that we put forward our self to deliver only the best quality food and drinks. No matter what function or event you are contriving to throw. In short, our event center offers everything that you would love to get a perfect business event, private lunches, team dinner, game day, bridal shower, baby shower, birthday celebration, wine tasting or cocktail parties! Greensboro Bourbon Bar: It's not just Greensboro only bourbon bar... It's Greensboro's favorite party bar. We excel in large party bookings and is a sure fire way to an unforgettable birthday, marriage ceremony, corporate night out, stag or high school reunion. To shine your mood, we offer daily special drinks. And that's not all, we also offer more than 120 cocktails, red wines, white wines that will surely get you in a good mood! Come at New Orleans Bar And Grill and enjoy the real taste of Cajun cuisine and authentic sea food with exotic flavors of drinks, wines and cocktails.
Reviewed September 9, 2018

My wife and I took a break over the labor day weekend and decided to journey to Greensboro for a night at the Spring Hills Suit. We knew friends at the Oyster Bar and Grill and wanted to enjoy dinner there but they were closed. However, we got recommendation from our Front Desk and decided to try New Orleans Bar and Grill. Our waiter, Oscar was good, the atmosphere was somewhat dead......... and now to the dinner. My wife ordered the lobster and crab legs and shrimps, we ordered chicken fingers for our son and I had the steak. The food was salty, potato cold, steak under cooked and the lobster not fresh. I nibbled at the food a little and gave up, totally disappointed!!! Oscar was very apologetic after we explained the situation. Oscar explained that the manager had decided to comp the kids meal and at that point I requested to speak to the manager who took over 15 minutes to visit our table (it was not very busy). We wanted to be sure that the manager understood nothing was wrong with my son's dinner. Finally he came and we explained the situation. He said I should have returned the plate to the kitchen and have the meat recooked or selected something else from the menu; the fact that I did not do that would not allow for any further action. (so this was my fault, got it???) I suggested to him that perhaps a good idea would have been to have us returned for a much better dinner experience by issuing a gift card.....because that's the reason why we came in the first place. He declined; and at that point it became an easy decision not to return or recommend this place.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

If it was possible to choose a negative “star” I would! This place is a joke. As soon as you notify them you are using a Groupon they inform you your bill will automatically be charged a 20% gratuity no matter how good or bad the service is, your choice on tipping is taken away. 1/2 the restaurant was empty yet we were seated like sardines in a can, all diners were crammed into one small section with 3 servers. They pose as authentic Cajun, Popeyes is closer. Server brought our bill, as we were about to go to the register to pay, our server comes back with a second bill b/c he “forgot to add our drinks” (iced teas) with this new bill not only did he add the drinks he had increased his forced gratuity by $3.00 given him an $11.00!on a $30.OO. Our Groupon purchase actually caused our crappy meal to cost us more than if we’d not purchased the Groupon. Save yourself a headache and an antacids purchase stop at Jacks Diner on the corner, wish we had.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank JEHAKL
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

So went to eat here with family. Food was good but service sucked. Waited 20 minuets for everything wheat her more water bread even check.
Would not recommend this place. Oh just for the record place was not full and waitstaff seemed to be playing around.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 30, 2018

We always go early for supper so maybe that is why we always get great service.Jervis was our waiter and absolutely awesome.He kept us informed of the timing of our good.We had shrimp gumbo appetizer that was so good.Then we had the blackened seafood trio.The alligator bites ,tilapia and catfish was so good.We had enough to bring home for lunch next day.My husband go dirty rice as a side and he said it was very good.I had coleslaw very good.We will be back.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 29, 2018

This restaurant was not a good fit for us. We were with another family thatl agreed.

Alligator bites: thumbs up. One item I recommend.
Gumbo: thumbs down not enough flavor
Shrimp and salmon. Thumbs down. My shrimp taste fishy. Salmon no flavor. Chili sauce helps.

Hush puppies: thumbs up

Red beans and rice: thumbs up. Ordered a side and they were decent.

I scored this review as an average because the service was good.

Food was poor.