“Good choice for Thai”

Thai Chiang Mai Restaurant
Ranked #60 of 993 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed October 14, 2018

Service is friendly and efficient. Lunch specials are very affordable and offer a nice variety. Lunch noodle soup is really really good, and it is available every day with a different protein but you can always request a substitution if you don’t like the protein choice on the menu that day. Staffing is consistent and knowledgeable.

The owners keep a wide variety of plants around the entrance which is a nice surprise. There is a little fountain at the front door. There is bar seating as well as table seating. There were 3 or 4 different restaurants in this spot that didn’t survive but Thai Chang Mai has developed a loyal clientele.

Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

Great basic Thai restaurant. Had chicken satay and Chicken Pad Thai with a Thai Ice Tea. The food was excellent, the service was fast and very kind. Great for lunch and casual, family dinners.

Reviewed August 3, 2018

On a Friday evening we were greeted promptly and given our choice of a couple of tables. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful as we made our selections from the menu. Service was quite prompt. Although my Won Sen soup was a little bland, my wife really enjoyed her Tom Ka soup. We split the Pineapple Fried Rice as a main course, and it was more than enough for the two of us. Pleasant live music started around 7:00. An enjoyable evening

Reviewed July 29, 2018

So glad they moved to Hwy 68 - owner is superb. Great cocktail and beer selection. Live music is cool!

Reviewed May 4, 2018

I am on a mission to find the best Pad Thai and Thai Chiang Mai Restaurant was one of my stops.

I must say, the Pad Thai was pretty good. It came out and it was surprisingly red. The spices were well balanced, the noodles were done well, and it wasn't too sticky or runny...Though, I must admit it is not the best Pad Thai and thus my mission continues.

It was good enough however to return with my grandmother. We enjoyed our time and meal!

The only thing I slightly disliked about this restaurant is that the wait staff doesn't explain where to pay. You have to go to the front of the restaurant near the kitchen to check out.