“Decent food, poor service ”

Villa Rosa Italian Restaurant
Ranked #121 of 968 Restaurants in Greensboro
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wendover Ave and Stanley Rd.
Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

Visited with a party of four around 7:00 on a Wednesday evening. The place was dead, maybe two other cars in the parking lot. I had ziti arribiata which was quite good and very spicy. Chicken marsala also went over well. Our server was obviously new, though, and couldn't make any recommendations about what was a specialty or was really good. I can look past that but not his forgetfulness. Didn't bring one drink order, mixed drinks up when refilling, had to be asked twice for parmesan and took forever to remove the dishes. As I said, the place was empty but he disappeared. Finishing touch was he dropped off the bill -- with no pen to sign with.

Reviewed August 15, 2018

Really good, authentic Italian in a nice, quiet setting. The service was prompt and attentive and everyone was friendly.

Reviewed June 4, 2018

Quiet atmosphere, very authentic Italian food (homemade manicotti!), generous portion sizes, excellent service. Great lunch menu prices and specials.

Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

Went here with a large family party. Good service, big portions and lots of garlic bread! My meal included grilled chicken which I couldn’t eat, it was poor quality and had no taste.

Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

I felt like I was dining at one of the restaurants Chef Ramsey would visit in his show Kitchen Nightmares!

First off the wait staff were very awkward. Friendly, but they just seemed “off”. I was dat pretty quickly, only for the staff to not know who was going to wait on my table. Two different people took my drink and food order. They just didn’t see organized at all.

I ordered the Chicken Alfredo. The portion was large, but oh my...the grilled chicken had zero flavor! It was so bland. The Alfredo sauce was on the thin/watery side. It had decent flavor, but the consistency was all off.

Overall the meal was average...and that is me being polite. I doubt I’ll dine here again.

1  Thank Colbey H