“Outstanding”

Scrambled Southern Diner
Ranked #13 of 992 Restaurants in Greensboro
Price range: US$2 - US$14
Description: In the heart of Greensboro's historic neighborhood, Lindley Park, Scrambled has become the favorite eclectic southern diner. Sarah and Chris feature local area farmers and North Carolina products throughout out the menu. Not only do we offer breakfast all day, our lunch menu is available after 11am, featuring blue plate specials Monday thru Friday. Our vegetable infused vodka bloody mary's, multiple variations of the mimosa, NC draft beer selections are also another reason why we have become "the little gem on spring garden street"
Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

Recently ate at scrambled and we are looking forward to returning. There are so many things I want to try. The breakfast menu is extensive and covers all the basic breakfast items but also includes what they call “scrambles” that come in a small skillet. There are many choices and I chose the country scramble. I chose cheddar grits as my base but you can also get hash browns. It has mushrooms, crumbled sausage and sausage gravy with your eggs cooked the way you want them. My wife got the pecan waffle and said it was delicious. Parking near the restaurant may be a problem but there is additional parking nearby. Put this one down for a visit!

Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

Fun, quirky little place. Parking is tight. Not a ton of seating inside. We went at about 9:30 on a weekday with a part of 5 and didn’t have to wait. Server was awesome. She was extremely friendly, talked to my two young sons, helped with giving advice on menu selections, and was just a real pleasure to talk to.
Now, for the food. Sooo good. I got the country style skillet over cheese grits. The grits were a great base. The gravy was outstanding. The sausage was perfect. Came with a biscuit. They also bring out their homemade jellies (grape, strawberry and blueberry).
Strangely, one of the stars of the breakfast was the chocolate milk my boys got with their meals. It was so good! Asked the waitress why and she informed us it is from a local dairy called Homeland Creamery. Unfortunately wasn’t able to make it work to stop by the creamery, but that chocolate milk was killer!

Reviewed September 7, 2018

I have wanted to go here for a long time but hear about the long waits and just don't go. A friend and I were meeting for an early lunch on Tuesday so we figured it would be a good time. We only had to wait a few minutes which was great.
The atmosphere at Scrambled is kind of weird. You walk past a bar and in to an open, exposed ceiling dining area. I know it's all cool now to have exposed ceilings and paint them dark but it makes a breakfast place seem seedy and depressing. No, I don't need perky and white but just a bit more fresh for a daytime restaurant. Also, the backs of the banquette seating is old postal bags. While cool, they are really dirty.
Back to the meal. We were sort of greeted by our server but we couldn't understand a word he was saying. No, this is not a nationality thing. He really mumbled, talked a he walked away, and was very short with his answers. It was so odd! I know his name but don't want to blast him on here but he really needs a different job if he can't communicate well. The women beside us couldn't understand him either. So much so that he brought one of them the wrong meal! When he took their order he asked a slew of questions and she couldn't understand. It was so bizarre. He also kept calling us "love" which was really awkward.
I digress. We both LOVED our meals. I got the fried green tomato benedict and it was amazing! The grits were perfect and the tartness of the tomato was a great foil to the rich hollandaise sauce. This was a winner. My friend got a scramble over grits and hers was so good too!
So, I would return here and get take out for the delicious food but am not a fan of the atmosphere or the service.

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

Excellent food, very popular. Don’t miss the extra parking in the back and across Howard street. It will be even better when they SCREEN IN THE PORCH.
The bacon-wrapped meatloaf was unexpectedly wonderful!

Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in for a late breakfast at Scrambled. We went on a Thursday and still had to wait about fifteen minutes. We both ordered breakfast and the food was really good. The pancakes are enormous. The fruit spreads that are served with the pancakes are delicious. The couple beside us ordered lunch food and told us it was good. The only down side to this place is that parking is quite a challenge. Also be prepared to wait as they are always busy. We will return to eat here again.

1  Thank MSL1979