“Avoid this place if you can!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum

Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum
Ranked #38 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
“Avoid this place if you can!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

I recently stayed here two weeks ago & for a second I thought I could make something good out of it. Not! Upon entering my room there was a heavy,musky smell. The toilet had a ring around it & the shower curtain looked as if it would go at any minute. Overall the room looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in quite sometime. The only upside to my stay was the breakfast & the people at front desk were polite.

• Stayed August 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
John S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum, responded to this review, 1 September 2011
Thank you for your recent stay here at the Baymont Inn and Suites. I would like to apologize for the problems you encounter while a guest here. Without the feedback from our guest to let me know any particular problems they have there is no way to correct any deficiencies. I have currently taken over as the General Manager and will do my best to ensure this and any other isolated incidents are kept to minimum.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

Had a very messed up reservation which took 45 minutes to check in. The receptionist was extremely nice and willing to help but there is only so much he can do with this dump. Hallways hot, no elevator, squeaking unleveled floor,etc etc etc. Stay away!!!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Branspen
Thank you for your recent comment about stay at the Baymont Inn and Suites. I know how frustrating it must have been traveling on that hot July day and then entering the hotel to encounter a hot hallway. I have corrected the situation and had the A/C system checked and cleaned after reviewing your comment. I am not sure what was the problem with your reservation but hopefully it was not booked directly with us and we let you down. I know that the building and layout is not ideal being without a elevator is not pleasant if room is on second floor. Our rooms have been renovated in 2009 and still one of the nicest by the Greensboro Coliseum and Khoury Convention Center. Thanks again for your comment and do hope if you are in Greensboro again you will stop by and see the improvements.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

I have been to this hotel multiple times while vacationing in Greensboro. My stay has been handled in a hospitable manner by all staff members and registration, as well as checkout, was easy and effecient! The rooms were pleasantly neat and up to par. This is one of my favorite inns and I have been highly satisfied with my experiences.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent stay here at the Baymont Inn and Suites. I am glad that we are able to provide the service you desire and the cleanliness of our rooms is up to standards. I look forward to meeting you next time you are in town as I have recently taken over as General Manager.
John Starke
Wake Forest, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2011

I stayed the last two nights at the Baymont Inn & Suites in Greensboro for my daughter's dance convention. We stayed in room #149. We had the chance to park really close to our room. Then we opened the entrance door, and this horrible smell took over... All the way to our room which unfortunately happened to be next door to the exit/entrance door. I am not recommending this room. I have no clue how the other rooms look like but that one smells, needs serious work inside (burned wallpaper, broken door retainer, a broken tv set, very loud air/heat system under the window, outdated bathroom with some ants (just a few) on the bathroom floor - not even summer yet!!!. The hotel was booked at full capacity those nights therefore no other room was available for us to switch. I must say that a flat screen tv was working properly. People were nice. Cleaning service did a great job. Front desk personnel was courteous and pleasant. This is a case of greediness from upper management where they have in their hands a hotel that is falling apart, and they need to invest in updating the rooms. I paid for a suite; I got a king size bed and a sleeping sofa in a regular size room incl. mic and refrigerator. It was small, it smelled, walls too thin, coffee wasn't good, bagels were still frozen at 7am... Management has great employees, they deserve a great environment to work with. I hope this helps.

Room Tip: Unaware if all rooms are like the one I got... ???
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Nosvoyages01
Johnson City, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2011

I have stayed at several Baymont Inns, and this one doesn't "fit" the usual standard in a couple of ways. [It looks like it may have been originally built as a LaQuinta Inn] The front desk staff was friendly, helpful - although I asked if I could possibly have a room with a refrigerator, and he responded that they didn't furnish them in the rooms - then I got to my room, and it had a refrigerator! (and microwave on top/combo!) The motel had an interesting quirk to it - the very long straight hallway that all rooms open off of - gradually slopes over the length of the building. A first for me! The building site drops in elevation from one end to the other, and instead of step downs, they just built in the sloping hallway. Reminded me of a very long wheelchair ramp! Not especially a bad thing, just different. All rooms open off an interior hallway access, and the entrance doors to the rooms were showing age and in poor condition. The rooms were also beginning to show their age and probably need an update scheduled soon. However, the room was clean, bathroom area very nice, good tv, good bed/mattress. Free wireless internet. One of the best things about the motel is their complimentary continential breakfast - the gal taking care of it was extra-nice and attentive, and it offered a step above what a usual Baymont offers, in my opinion. Offeredd the usual choices of cereals, with a make-your-own waffle maker (my favorite!), but also hard boiled eggs, large selection of fruits, and large selection of various muffins, bagels, etc. Above average breakfast! Location is very convenient to lots of restaurants, and a shopping center is across the main road. Krispy Kreme donuts shop about 1/2 mile south! I would also suggest eating dinner at the Darryl's restaurant right across the street - wonderful - one of the best steaks I have ever eaten.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mooresville, NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2011

Went to GSO for a concert. Decided to get a room vs driving 100 miles back home late at night. Hotel was close to GSO Coliseum. Check person was the only highlight of the stay. Had a reservation. Got to hotel and was then told no elevator. Only available rooms were on second floor.

Requested non-smoking room. Upon walking into the second floor hall the smoke smell was nasuating. Almost like a stale bar smell.

Got into room. Fire detector was hanging from the ceiling. TV remote was inop. Shower curtain was about to fall off of wall. Tub drain was rusted. King bed had standard pilows.

I travel for a living and understand a value hotel for a poorly keep hotel. This is a definate "avoid" hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HarleyJetDriver
Rocky Mount
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2011

I found this hotel it had a good price good beds and very helpful staff the breakfast was average with a little work could have been better that was only negative i had and will stay again

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business