“Good cheap hotel”

Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum
Ranked #40 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 17 February 2012

This hotel was not bad for the price. However, they did charge me twice for the room and I had to get my credit card company to fix it. The hotel was older but redone not all that long ago. The room had no closet and too much furniture but for the price it could not be beat. It was a little further off I-85 than I had expected. They did provide a breakfast, nothing special but did the job.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
John S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Dear D R,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Baymont Inn and Suites. Let me apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with your credit card. I am not sure if you booked directly with us or another web site but I am glad to see it was resolved quickly. I do hope that if you are in the Greensboro area again you will choose the Baymont Inn and Suites and show you our Hometown Hospitality.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

We have stayed at this place several times en route to the beach. The price is very good -- except occasionally in the summer when there must be an event at the nearby convention center.
The place is older but clean. The rooms enter from a hallway -- not the outside. The breakfast includes make-your-own waffles. There are several restaurants within walking distance. Staffers have always been very courteous.
i

Room Tip: Not sure if there is an elevator. We always seem to be assigned to the first floor, which I think is...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
John S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2012

Dear Wheeling Wanderer:

Thank you for your recent stay here at the Baymont Inn and Suites, Greensboro. I would like to thank you also for taking the time out to write a review about my hotel. I appreciate your business and do hope on your next trip to the beach you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 18 December 2011

I attended the graduation of the University of North Carolina at Greensboro and I was very skeptical about staying here at the Baymont. But I booked it instead and it was probably the best decision I've ever made. The rooms was clean, both the bed and pillows we extremely comfortable. The bathroom was very clean. Great work space! Quiet and comfortable stay. The breakfast was hot and delicious. The staff was VERY friendly. The manager was extremely helpful when he helped me extend my stay. Overall my stay was marvelous and I will, beyond a reasonable doubt, be returning back to the Baymont Inn & Suites. Anyone visiting Greensboro should definitely stay here at the Baymont. The rates are fair, the rooms are clean, the staff is friendly and the location is great. Just minutes away from the mall, the Greensboro Coliseum, Darryls BBQ restaurant and many more. This is a wonderful hotel!

Keep up the good work,
Raekwon K. Conaway

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank RayConaway

Dear Mr Conaway,

Thank you for your nice comments concerning your recent stay at the Baymont Inn and Suites, Greensboro. I am glad you have noticed the efforts we are making to enhance our guests experience. I have made quite a few changes since becoming General Manager and these improvements are being noticed by my recent guests including yourself. With my new management team we have focused on providing a clean, comfortable stay at a reasonable price. Thank you again for your business and do hope you will choose the Baymont Inn and Suites for all your lodging needs.

Reviewed 1 November 2011

Despite some mixed reviews on this property, I decided to stay here based its proximity to my business meetings in Greensboro. I was greeted by a warm and friendly staff, who made sure all my accommodations were in up to par. The room was very clean and comfortable, with a nice television and work space. I was situated on the second floor, and although an elevator would have been more convenient, it gave me an opportunity to work off extra calories throughout the day, including my hearty free breakfast! The entire staff was courteous and knowledgeable of the area, as I was new to the region for my trip, and asked several people for help. The General Manager, John, happened to handle my checkout, and inquired to insure my stay was a pleasant one.
I found this Baymont Inn a terrific value and will stay again when I return to the area.
Thanks...

Lemual G

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank lemual g
John S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2011

Dear Lemual,

Thank you for your recent stay here at the Baymont Inn and Suites. I appreciate the kind comments about my staff and myself. I do hope that if you are in the area again you will be sure to stay with us.

Sincerely

Reviewed 6 October 2011

I was apprehensive about his hotel because the coupon rate seemed too low. However, it was 12:45am and the other affordable hotels were filled. Brian, at the front desk, welcomed me and had great knowledge of the hotel and area. The room was clean and quiet and well stocked with thick towels. Breakfast was fine. The best hotel bargain I have found in a long time. Only two problems: Although right off I-40 Exit 217, it was hard to find. Also, turning on the heat set off a dust storm (common in hotels this time of year) in the room that set off the fire alarm. Otherwise a great stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo

Dear Peter S.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my property the Baymont Inn and Suites. Reviews are a very important tool to let management know what is going on at the hotel. After reading your review I did have all heaters turned on to ensure that other guests did not have the same problem with smoke detectors and let Brian know what a terrific job he did. Again, thank you for the comments and do hope that when you are in the Greensboro area again you will choose us for your lodging needs.

Reviewed 18 August 2011

I recently stayed here two weeks ago & for a second I thought I could make something good out of it. Not! Upon entering my room there was a heavy,musky smell. The toilet had a ring around it & the shower curtain looked as if it would go at any minute. Overall the room looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in quite sometime. The only upside to my stay was the breakfast & the people at front desk were polite.

• Stayed: August 2011
John S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2011

Thank you for your recent stay here at the Baymont Inn and Suites. I would like to apologize for the problems you encounter while a guest here. Without the feedback from our guest to let me know any particular problems they have there is no way to correct any deficiencies. I have currently taken over as the General Manager and will do my best to ensure this and any other isolated incidents are kept to minimum.

Reviewed 23 July 2011

Had a very messed up reservation which took 45 minutes to check in. The receptionist was extremely nice and willing to help but there is only so much he can do with this dump. Hallways hot, no elevator, squeaking unleveled floor,etc etc etc. Stay away!!!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Branspen

Thank you for your recent comment about stay at the Baymont Inn and Suites. I know how frustrating it must have been traveling on that hot July day and then entering the hotel to encounter a hot hallway. I have corrected the situation and had the A/C system checked and cleaned after reviewing your comment. I am not sure what was the problem with your reservation but hopefully it was not booked directly with us and we let you down. I know that the building and layout is not ideal being without a elevator is not pleasant if room is on second floor. Our rooms have been renovated in 2009 and still one of the nicest by the Greensboro Coliseum and Khoury Convention Center. Thanks again for your comment and do hope if you are in Greensboro again you will stop by and see the improvements.