“QUALITY INN GREENSBORO, NC- HORRIBLE PET FRIENDLY MOTEL!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Greensboro East Motel

Greensboro East Motel
Ranked #60 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Greensboro, North Carolina
“QUALITY INN GREENSBORO, NC- HORRIBLE PET FRIENDLY MOTEL!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

I would not suggest it to anyone much less anyone traveling with a pet. We were originally scheduled to stay in this place up to 2 weeks but we didn't even last 24 hours. The front desk staff was friendly but very unprofessional. We are traveling with a small dog so we stayed in a pet friendly room. It was so nasty. EVERYTHING was dated. We had a microwave and fridge from the 80s, the outlets didn't work, the carpet was sticky, it was HUMID, internet was slow, the outside and bathroom doors didn't close properly, and I could keep going. I felt like I was sleeping in a public bathroom. When I worry about my health and safety somewhere there is nothing good to say about it. As soon as we got into our room I was searching for another hotel and we checked out this morning.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank ajc1311

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
north carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2010

Noticed when we arrived that there were not enough towels and washcloths for 4 people, called front desk she said " I will have them there by 6am." ....6:15 still no towels, called front desk he said " sorry, housekeeping will not be in until 9:00, I dont know why she promised you they would be there by 6." Ants all over bathroom and sink area, walls, and floor. Complained when checking out about the poor service and the ants and the guy did not even bother to apologize. Will NOT stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Greensboro hotels

Carolina Beach, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2009

My wife and I were traveling to Raleigh, NC with our dog and needed a pet-friendly hotel (reasonably priced) for one night in Greensboro. After checking out the different sites (Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, etc.), I thought I found a nice hotel, at a fair price. Though pets were allowed, no mention was made regarding price. Instead of booking online, I decided to call the discount provider and get clarification regarding price for a pet. I was shocked that the fee for our dog (a 4 pound Chihuahua) was $75.....almost what the room itself cost!! I said "no thanks" and searched again. This time, I found The Quality Inn and Suites on Cedar Park Rd. When we arrived, we were blown away by the hotel. It was newly painted, when we opened the room door, it smelled clean, it WAS clean, a good bed, just terrific. The continental breakfast was very adequate, and the staff polite and helpful. We've stayed at pet-friendly hotels in the past that were dirty and in need of some TLC, but this place was excellent. We would highly recommend it to anyone!

• Liked — Clean room and buildings
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2008

We were looking for a place to say & it looked ok from the road. Went in & booked a room. The room was so shabby looking that we went back to the desk & checked out. As we looked around we saw noone else there--looked like a ghost town!
Yucky and kinda scarey. Stay away!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank vatofla
Williamsburg, VA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2008

ok..so for the price I wasn't expecting much, but the pictures did not represent the place very well.

Upon arrival our room was ok...bathroom still had hair on the floor. The rooms are old and dingy. I never saw the "redone" rooms they talked about on the website.

We are workout people, so we always book a hotel with a gym. We thought we were smart at first, the pictures looked nice and there was nowhere safe to run outside. well...the gym had one extremely old walking thing that resembled a treadmill...but wasn't safe for running. The bike was completely broken and the seat fell all the way to the lowest setting when anyone got on. There was no other cardio equipment (I guess the photographer was good with the use of mirrors)

THe one lifting station was so old it could have possibly injured anyone who tried to use it.

I tried to get wireless and was unsuccessful for all but about 10 minutes. When I went to the front desk, they told me to try to access the wireless from the hotel next door (i don't think that is what the hotel meant by "free Wireless").

The pool was actually OK, but is was extremely small and had lots of kids running around without supervision. It is also not too relaxing to lay out with grounds workers staring the girls in bikinis, while they weed wack right near the pool

The almost comical part is the soda machines, they take your money, but you only get Mountain Dew regardless of what button you push,

This is a bad location for a hotel if you want to actually eat or go out for a drink without driving. There was nothing anywhere close by...not to mention there was a racing motorcycle convention all weekend so there was loud music and revving engines at all hours...totally ignored by the staff

I would recommend a happy hour, small bar, or evening snack area to the staff.. If you need to stay in this location, spend the few extra dollars and stay in the holiday inn express next door. I snuck in to take a peek and it was fantastic.

• Liked — free breakfast
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank cmaulicin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greensboro
6.9 km away
10.2 km away
Howard Johnson Greensboro Near the Coliseum
11.1 km away
Comfort Suites Whitsett - Greensboro East

Been to Greensboro East Motel? Share your experiences!