“Extraordinary!!”

Holiday Inn Express Greensboro-Wendover
Ranked #34 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 9 May 2012

From our greeting at the Front Desk by smiling "Crystal," to our departure 2 days later, we could not have felt more welcome in every way! Nothing was too much trouble no matter our questions or concerns. Truly, this is a property to which we will return ithe young n the next 2 years as we visit the 2nd of our grandchildren who will be graduating from Guilford! Breakfast was more than adequate, and the young lady responsible for ALL the details was amazingly efficient/friendly, etc.

Room Tip: No suggestions! We were satisfied where we were on the 3rd floor!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MaryHolton
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Greensboro-Wendover

Reviewed 4 May 2012

I stayed 9 nights during the High Point market, which is held in High Point, NC.
The hotel is simple but at its best. Everything seems right in this property.
Located in a nicer area, where there are several restaurants.
There's also a shuttle service to and from the market during the show, which makes transportation is easy.
The room is simple with comfortable beds, and a decent size bathroom. The room is cleaned everyday and always neat and tidy when I come back from the market.
Complimentary wifi connection is fast and reliable.
The staff are warm and polite, especially the lady who is in charge in breakfast station each morning.
The breakfast is adequate, with several options for American breakfast like cereals, waffle, coffee, etc.
It's a nice welcoming stay, but the only complaint is its rate during the market is quite expensive.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank palisade78
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Last month I spent a week at this Holiday Inn Express, and let me say it was the most pleasant stay I've ever had at a hotel. I travel minimum 2 weeks of every month so I've been in a lot of different hotels.

Upon arrival, I was checked in by the manager Laura. She was extremely kind and courteous, and made check-in a breeze.

The entire staff was actually very pleasant. Always there to see you off in the morning, and welcome you back later in the evening.

The continental breakfast was always delicious. Be it the eggs/omelets, cereal, yogurt, fruit, cinnamon rolls, etc... Any thing you could have asked for. The woman in charge, Shamalee, did a great job of keeping this in order.

The beds were very comfortable and the room always clean. I know you'd expect that, but I've been in places where the room wasn't cleaned for days. Even after complaining about it to the manager.

This hotel is also in an excellent location with plenty of stores and restaurants nearby. Not knowing where to go eat, the manager Laura gave me a list of more places than i could visit in a week, but they were all excellent. Didn't realize there could be so many great places to eat in such a small area.

So it was very easy to rate this one 5 stars. From great staff, good breakfast, comfy beds, fast internet, and HBO.

Once again my stay couldn't have been better and I hope to return there again.

Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank AlwaysTrvlnNJ
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Stayed overnight for a sports tournament with my daughter.Was safe clean and had a great breakfast. Desk staff were very welconing. will stay again!

w

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank familytravelsCary_Nc
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stopped at this HIE overnight on a road trip. The lobby is very welcoming and incorporates a large breakfast room. Nevada at the desk was a delight and I looked forward to spending the evening in my *non-smoking* room after a very long day of driving. The minute I walked in the door (which was marked with a "no smoking" sign), I could smell the stale, musty odor of old cigarette smoke. It was evident that this was at one time a smoking room. That said, I loved the room. I had reserved a room with one double bed since I was traveling alone. That left room for the desk and chair and a very nice armchair and ottoman. It is such a relief to not have to watch TV or read from the bed. The internet service was spotty; I kept getting knocked off and when I tried to get back on, I could only find the wi-fi for the hotel next door. Eventually, I was able to connect to the HIE system. There is a nice business center in the lobby, although it looks like the check-in counter.

The bathroom was clean. The bed was very, very hard. Luckily, there were four pillows on the bed, so I was able to use pillows as a "feather bed" or I wouldn't have been able to sleep at all. The breakfast offered a variety for all diet requirements, although the juice machine was not working. A member of the staff came around at breakfast and greeted each person, and everyone who I saw working in the hotel looked as though they were happy to be there.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank AnnaSoo
Reviewed 27 February 2012

The courtsey of the people was exemplery and the facility was very appealing. Everyone seemed to enjoy helping you with your needs.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank James S
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I really love this hotel. I've stayed here several times over a period of 3 or more years. They have an excelent staff, great hot breakfast, too! Room is always very clean and stocked well. Really, I don't work for this hotel! Haha! I am in my 50's and especially like things my way, clean, nice and friendly. I always stay at this hotel when I'm in town and now even thou I live in town, when I have events that I need a hotel for. With this hotel I know exactly what to expect when I come, the best! :)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo