Review Highlights
Interesting place

A very good experience, not to far from Kampot. You dont need to climb. You can go on your motobike... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Henrik59
Denmark
Great cave

Nice small temple inside a cave. $1 entry fee & $4 for a guide who knows the cave inside out. I... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Charmmykat
Galway, Ireland
via mobile

All reviews head torch tuk tuk local kids entrance fee dark place mosquito repellent wear good shoes muddy road adventurous experience local guide rice paddies worth the effort rented scooters secret lake rainy season bats phnom
Reviewed March 17, 2018

At first I think kampot roads were pretty poor , after a bumby ride ee reached their , I had a high anticipation from this place kind of adventure thing but it doesn't live up to my expectations . Cave was dark full bats , lots steps were there to climb so elder and fragile people must opt out . Small children were experience guides they guide us through the cave .

Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

We were a group of 6 and got here on rented vespas. It was a bumpy road, but the views around the road were worth it. We loved the cave, which size exceeded our expectations. Would recommend to combine this trip with a visit at La plantations. :)

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed March 4, 2018

Talk about huffing and puffing. The guide takes you to the entrance. He did warn me about how many steps we had to go up just to reach the entrance. He was right. A must see if you go to Kampot or Kep

Date of experience: April 2017
1  Thank Phil C
Reviewed January 19, 2018

As the title says it, very touristic.
Better off just touring the country side. Rent scooters and enjoy the views, the villages and not so touristic places

Reviewed January 4, 2018 via mobile

The idea of an ancient brick temple inside a limestone cave was very appealing to me, so I had long wanted to see this place. But last time I came to Kampot I had ended up nearby Kbal Romeas instead. Therefore, I was determined to get here on my return trip to Kampot.

The end result was an interesting but minor experience. Getting here requires a motorbike; a rutted but mangeable dirt road leads here from a Cham fishing village on the main Kep-Kampot Road.

What you will find is an interesting, vine-draped limestone formation which is home to troops of macaques. You are sure to see some as you climb up and down the staircases to the cavern entrance. Inside you will find the aforementioned temple, which still has traces of a makhara (sea-demon) and floral motifs. It reminded me of a Cham tower from Vietnam, though perhaps it was the work of Khmer monks from around the middle of the first century millennium AD.