See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 4, 2016 via mobile

To be honest: one of the worst places on my 4 week trip through Kerala (staying in a lot of homestays...)!! Did not feel comfortable at all!
Rooms dirty and with the smell of mould, bloodstains on the sheet. The First room i got offered was something like a dark hole, at least i was offered a better one with bathroom and Moskito net ok.
The arranged guy for backwaters Trip did not show up. No explanation of the staff.
Staff was hardly to be found, let alone helpful or dilligent ( the manager was not there...). So broken benches, full garbage bins, empty bottles in the garden from former guests.
Restaurant and Café closed, so it makes life difficult for a female Single Traveller to find food in the evening.
I can really see how this place- a magnificent old building with a nice garden- could be beautiful if there was someone to take care of it!
First Time in many years of experience as a traveller, that I actually decided to book me another place after the first night!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Linda N
Reviewed April 7, 2016

This place is a hidden oasis within walking distance of Alappuzha beach. My friend and I are travelling on the more budget side of things (we have stayed in some dodgy places) and this hotel is truly the nicest we've been in so far. The people here are so kind and genuinely care if you have a good stay here and in Alleppey. The vibe here is incredible - always relaxing or funky tunes playing, hammocks everywhere, a rooftop lounge area and fairy lights all over the garden. We're a little sad leaving this place.

Room Tip: There are rooms for Rs. 600 which are nice but upgrade to the Rs. 750 rooms. you get a much bigger room and view of the garden.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jocelyne1961
Reviewed March 3, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here in Feb 2016 and everything was ok til the second night the cook crept into my room at 1am and tried to give me a "sexy massage", had to physically remove him from my room twice after he put his hands on me despite yelling at him. Went to the manager the next day to get him fired and he couldn't care less, tried to blame me for not locking the door and bemoaned the fact that his staff keep doing this. Another one had gone into a ladies room the same night! A place that harbours sexual pests? Not a place to be on your holiday.

I'd give it a zero.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
12  Thank fabbaus
Reviewed January 21, 2016 via mobile

We stayed two nights. Great music in the courtyard, which is beautiful at night with fairy lights and lots of areas to chill out in. Comfortable beds. Hot showers. Guys happy to assist you in anyway. Checkout the guy behind the bar who dances by himself all night!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Emma S
Reviewed January 19, 2016 via mobile

Spend three days, feel like home. Food was not good in kerala as all using the cocunut oil over here but in the hotel itself a restaurant is there where you can make your order as you like so very understanding people, good staff, good food. Room are damm clean and good. Music was awesome. Place for sitting outside are good. In night, you will see lightingg which is very attractive, awesomee place.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends