All reviews approach road clean rooms awesome stay boat ride balcony nature resort lake ambience backwaters houseboat kms hospitality badminton banks cottage
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My review is all about the location, my horrible experience in reaching the hotel and guidance i received from the hotel. No car parking and No roads. Finally i didnt stay at this hotel and took another one. It is located 17kms away from south of allepey and adjacent to a canal and not a back water. It is amid paddy fields in a village the only way to reach hotel is through their private boat and you have to park your car on road side at your own risk. I reached this place at around 6.45 PM in the evening after my driver talked to the hotel contact several times. we were asked to wait for the boat near small bridge and was kept waiting till 7.30PM. there were no lights and it is complete dark all around with no homes, no traffic, houses but except paddy fields. During our wait near the canal we were intercepted by a hefty man who said he is from local village head. he interrogated our driver and asked about me and my wife in local language. it was most embarrassing moment with my wife and threatened he will call police if we dont leave the place. the boat didnt arrive and we kept on waiting. My car driver refused to park the vehicle on that road side and decided to go back to allepey and return in the morning with extra payment for 64KMs(2 round trips). Finally i came to know i am the only one staying in the resort as there are no other vehicles parked on the road. the boat still not yet arrived and they kept saying 5 mins. finally at 7.45 i changed my mind to return back to allepey and took different hotel not thinking about the payment and loss. if you are planning for an allepey trip this is not the place to stay. this place is suitable for spending a lonely day in hotel without going out.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
2  Thank Srinivas P
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I have stayed with my family in this resort from 13 - 15 October 2013. We have relaxed well on these days. The staffs are so good in taking care of us. Based on previous reviews, i have taken mosquito coil. But i didnt see single mosquito :) (Maybe due to climate). Approach to the resort itself scenic, where the resort guys will take us in a boat. Food is good. I will suggest 100 % for this resort.

Room Tip: Prefer lake side rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Ajith_kumar1986
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Myself and Family visited this resort on first week of September.This place is just so relaxing and beautiful, I only wish I could have stayed much longer. Sitting outside and enjoying the nature in its true value is marvelous which cannot be equaled to anything. The resort grounds are good - with a restaurant that faces the lake and well maintained rooms and out doors. The rooms are all quite big , good and tidy . The room rate included a sunset cruise on the lake, which was amazing. I also got an Ayurvedic massage - really great and not much expensive. The only bad thing I can say is about the approach road since it is new .The food was pretty good. Now I just want to try the very lake side rooms , since I was in the Deluxe type rooms which were good for what I had paid. The promptness and helping mentality of the staff was really awesome – always ready for everything we asked. Thank you all , Love you all….

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 7Tom1968
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Hi, I Have been to this resort on 13rth of Aug 2013. As the road was under repair, management transferred us to the resort on a boat from main road. It was exiting.The view was excellent. As we reached, the manager received us in a good manner and allotted the room. In the voucher they specified that we would be given a room facing the lake.(booked on makemytrip), but as it was late in the evening, they allotted another room which was horrible. Showers not working and the bathroom door was not closing. There were only three families(As it was unseason I believe). Evening the dinner was pretty good in taste. Early in the morning as we needed hot water, and not to mention, giezer in the washroom was not working. The manager arranged breakfast(poori) which was good. He then shifted us to the room which was lake facing and promised us that hot water will be available. But, his efforts went in vain, and he arranged buckets of water from the kitchen by the time we finished our bath.

These were Cons. Let me come to pro issues.

The greenery and facing of the resort was excellent and excellent. Best place to sitback and relax. The maintenance is utterly poor and when I asked incharge about this, he said it was un season.

I would definitely love to be there again IF it is maintained well.

Karthik Pavan.G
Hyderabad

Room Tip: Choose only Lake facing room and this is what we go there for!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karthikpavan
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Hotel lacked the basic facilities, no water supply in bathroom, interupted electricity supply, no electric kettle in the rooms, no lighting in the area,stinking rooms, no intercom facility, one has to go outside n call only attendant in the hotel named sajji,, who was all in one-waiter cum cook cum cleaner etc etc.Only thing present was full batallion of mosquitoes in the room.Boat for reaching resort r of medevial period as u can reach fast rather than the boat.The manager was very rude .He gave us mattress in the name of extra bed as per booking.When I asked him to provide the bed we were told that we only provide this.Most disgusting was breakfast which included only bread n butter n one south indian dish, no juices, nothing else.we left the hotel without breakfast. ..The stay was just disgusting. I will never recommend to go there.

• Stayed: August 2013