So disappointed with this Hotel. We booked on the move after checking Lonely Planet, usually very current and spot on with reviews. When we arrived it did have everything we needed the rooms were great, not bad value and good pool for the kids, unfortunately this once gem of a place now has a massive concrete monstrosity ( a car flyover) being build right out front and towering over everything, literally 10 meters out front. Its horrible and we felt so sorry for the staff and management as they seemed to recognise the demise of the place they work. Worse was on one local trip to the ATM a piece of metal scaffold fell 5 metres in front of me from a height of 20 meters. It really is a building site.We cut our stay very short and will message Lonely Planet so all can remain current. Dont like writing this but we have to keep it real for others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Raheem Residency at Alleppey Beach, one hour south of Cochin, is an 1868 colonial property which was passionately restored in a classic, Indian style in 2003 by a small Indo-European private limited company. It is now recognized by the Tourism Dept of India as a genuine Heritage Hotel of India. Originally built by an Englishman, it was the home of the Raheems, an eminent Alleppey family, for one hundred years. Expect an intimate personalized service that respects your privacy in a sophisticated Indian setting with echoes of the Raj. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Raheem Residency reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Raheem Residency Hotel Alappuzha
- Raheem Residency Alappuzha
- Raheem Residency Kerala/Alappuzha, India