All reviews paddle boats nearby beach the chinese fishing nets the cottages back waters a short boat ride coconut trees complimentary activities small boat heritage resort must visit place sunset cruise god's own country modern amenities awesome place beautiful property authentic kerala
Reviewed December 11, 2017

Kondai Lip has the potential to become a very highly rated resort but needs to iron out some key kinks.

Pros:-
1. Good rooms
2. Helpful staff
3. Great ambience
4. Array of activities in the resort

Cons:-
1. Approach to the resort is by a short (1 minute) boat ride. The backwater channel was quite dirty. Hotel should clean up around the entrance.

2. Lawn is irregular and full of small ant-hills. Must improve lawn maintenance

3. Breakfast was terrible. Sambar was too thick (like a dal), chutney was bland. Instead of providing a wide variety of breakfast options they should focus on improving quality of a few items

4. Massage center was terrible. I still have knee pain from the vigorous pressing against the wooden massage bed.

5. Only Kerala main course food was good - other options were terrible.

These are small areas of improvement, not at all a deal breaker. Overall, I had a good time at the resort but wished that they could iron out the problems listed above.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2017

Good Things about the place

Nice backwater view from cottages
Rooms are spacious and nicely decorated
Calm surroundings which feel like an aashram :)
Good in-house activities such as paddle boats, shikara, boating in backwaters, herbal centre, badminton courts etc. are available
Staff is very courteous, quick and considerate

Highly Recommended for people seeking a relaxing holiday.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2017

I chose Kerala for honeymooning, where Allepey was one of the places to visit. We were not very keen on being in houseboats throughout the day. Thankfully our trip advisor chose this amazing property for us. I am so happy and content with this place that I had to write a positive review for this place. I have planned for Kerala trip for my parents and their friends in Jan 2018 and already got my travel agent book this place. In future if i visit Kerala again, I would love to come back to this beautiful Resort.
The cottages were very comfortable, clean and cozy. The location is just perfect and peaceful. We were given many activities like various kind of self-boating to spend time there.
Food was very delicious and they made Jain food available on special request.
Staff was very humble, friendly and courteous. This particular place made our trip the most memorable one.
I would definitely recommend this place specially for the couples.
-- Nisarg Shah

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank NisargS54
Reviewed November 22, 2017

This place is built on the back waters and you need to take a small boat ride to enter. The rooms are tastefully done and well maintained. The food was also served hot and was prepared well and delicious.

There is a small area which has backwater where you can take the peddal boats, kayaks and row boats and enjoy. The water is not deep and so there is not much risk. They also take you to a trip of an unknown beach which is very clean and fun.

Room tip: Try to book the executive rooms as they are more spacious and offer more privacy
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank errich
Reviewed November 21, 2017 via mobile

Hi
after some research we desided to visit Kondai Lip hotel... however our choice was proved little wrong. As its little difficult to find the hotel location second thing the hotel property is just picture perfect but... hotel is well short of staff.. we were made to wait for around 20 mins along with our kinds in beating sun just for a boatman who will take us to hotel shore. Also when we placed our food order we were made to wait for longer time. Food quality was average.. staff was not that customer friendly and english or hindi friendly. The boat ride by hotel is quite okay. Also the breakfast served by hotel was with very less options and test..
Also thr was straydog entered into hotel property and stole my shoe... this is not acceptable.. however hotel personel offered me money to compensate this.. which eventual i turn down.. overall we have mix experience about this hotel. Thanks

Date of stay: November 2017