All reviewsthe cottagesfishdecent sizesister hotelac worked wellmueslirestaurant staffsnorkel gearreception areafront officelipah beachpancakesdirect access to the beachblack sandamazing snorkelingbeach frontthoroughly enjoyed our stay
Reviewed September 4, 2017

I have previously stayed at Hidden Paradise on 6 occasions but this time was staying at its sister hotel Coral View. We arranged to hold my twins birthday party at the restaurant at Hidden Paradise and we were not disappointed, there had been a number of changes since my last visit including the development of a new swimming pool and improvements to the garden. The menu was different form Coral View and it was excellent with a diverse menu all developed by Liam Chef very good quality and served to our table overlooking the beach. The meal was crowned off by the delivery of two personalised birthday cakes created by Aisha. Would definatly eat here again on my return visit.

Room Tip: middle cottages are quieter
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

The location is incredible - directly on a beautiful beach with sunrise views of Mount Rinjani on Lombok and unbelievable snorkelling right on your doorstep.

The reception area and rooms themselves are a bit worse for wear, though. For what you pay, I honestly felt they were a bit shabby. In other parts of Bali I have paid less to stay in the most beautifully designed and appointed new bungalows. These ones are showing their age so when we were shown our room, it was a bit of a shock. The windows are tinted which thankfully blocks out some heat but unfortunately makes the rooms feel a bit dark and dingey, even though there are plenty of large windows. Overall they're comfortable, though, and it's really all about location here!

As the roofs are thatched and there are gaps under the doors, you will have visitors in your room. On the first night we were kept awake by large nocturnal creatures in our roof, perhaps the giant geckos. We asked to move and slept better in the new room, although I had to move the rubbish bin outside as I saw a mouse run out of it and back under our front door.

The bed in the first room was a very small double. In the second room we had two king singles pushed together, creating a GIANT bed. I enjoyed having all the space to sprawl.

Restaurant was great in my opinion. Lots of delicious veggie options and they source local, organic produce where possible. Do yourself a favour and try the tahu tempe goreng with urap. I'm still dreaming about it! I don't understand people's negative comments about breakfast either. They serve an amazing selection of local fruit, homemade jam and yoghurt, fresh baked bread that's still warm, delicious crepes, eggs, and a daily rotating Indonesian dish. All with an amazing sea view. I looked forward to eating breakfast right on the water every day. Restaurant staff were hard working and lovely also.

On the last night of our week long stay I was very unwell after eating food outside of the hotel. The next morning Kino (or maybe Gino?) at reception and Aisha the restaurant manager were both amazing in chasing down medication and helping me make it onto the fast boat to Gili Air. Thanks guys!

Overall, Hidden Paradise is a great choice for families as the room rate includes 1 child under 12 free, making it better value if travelling with kids. The pool area is great and the staff are wonderful. Maybe not ideal for couples but we still enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amy T
Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

Relatively big cottages with outside bathroom area. Price in the higher regions of what you can get in Amed area, but price-quality wise it's good. Pretty big pool area. Hotel features a restaurant (Tempek) with one of the best views of the ocean (i.e. not obstructed by trees or boats). The hotel itself does not rent snorkeling equipment, but there is a 'beachboy' who rents them for ~50k rupiah per day. Also arranges a boat if you want for some sailing and snorkeling in a different area. To the left and right of the hotel are coral areas and you can just walk into the sea from the hotel to check them out. Breakfast is good, every morning there is bread, yoghurt and jams, besides that you can choose between pisang goreng or fruit salad (very good!) and pancakes, eggs or nasi goreng.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2017

My husband and I loved our 3 night stay at the Hidden Paradise Cottages. The rooms are all individual and are typical Balinese style. Ours was number 32 perfect! The outdoor bathroom was lovely. Nothing better than showering under the stars. As some others have mentioned hot water does take a while to come through. The evening meals in the restaurant offered great variety and for a very reasonable price. Breakfast was adequate. The staff were so friendly and helpful. A special mention to Liam the chef and Alisha who are a credit to this resort and went out of their way to get to know us. Swimming and snorkelling is available directly in front of the hotel. Motorbikes are easy to rent from the front office. This hotel is so special. Thankyou to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Traveler817338
Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

Location of this cottage is good with the beach attached at the back of the cottage.
The room is pretty standard and need more maintenance in the sanitary and plumbing because water runs very slow. Ambience of the room need to improve again, last is the breakfast is very poor. I give half rate because the room rate is consider four star hotel in kuta with facilities. With such a low maintenance and limited service to the guest this cottage can do more better to give a memorable experience that want to coming back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family