“Waterfront Bliss”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amed
Golden Rock Retreat
Ranked #46 of 92 Speciality Lodging in Amed
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Not only was this one of the most beautiful places I have ever been, but it was one of the most nourishing experiences I have ever had.
All 4 double-storey villas are perched right on the water with 180 degree views of the ocean making morning sunrises and evening sunsets magical and uninterrupted.
I found the staff very kind and caring and the detox program was tailor made to suit each persons body and needs. Morning qi gong and yoga were incredible and it felt like being on an Island where time had stopped and you could replenish your spirit in a tranquil safe, beautiful and dare I say loving environment. Afternoons reading books by the pool were also a highlight for me. Overall I had an amazing experience (and I am quite fussy) - I felt connected to myself again. I lost 3kg in 5 days and my body and mind felt truly detoxified. Highly recommended for Solo / Couples / Friends!!

Room Tip: *All villas are right on the water so you can't go wrong with any of them.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lennalove A
There are newer reviews for Golden Rock Retreat

Reviewed 1 August 2011

I had high hopes for this retreat but was gravely disappointed. The retreat is 2-3 star max and is so isolated you can't leave the complex as there is nothing surrounding. Cabin fever. Unlike other detox retreats there is no spa services and no Western medical advice for such an intense cleanse that they offer. If I had known all this I would have much rather gone to a retreat in Ubud that was closer to civilization and better equipped. The exercise equipment is poor and only involves a small stepper and a tiny circle trampoline. Take hundreds of books and DVDs if you are going as there is nothing to do.

• Stayed: October 2010
3  Thank FratelliFive
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Everything about Golden Rock is amazing. The location is remote and so so beautiful, the staff are incredible and the detox program leaves your body, mind and soul feeling rejuvenated. There's only 4 villas, so it's quiet (except for the sound of the sea).

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Liblit
Reviewed 8 July 2010

My sister and I did the fasting programme at Golden Rock in Easter of last year. The staff were absolutely amazing and attended to our every need, which was really what we needed during a fast, having very little energy. The treatments and yoga classes were brilliant, everyone at the retreat wants to be there and is passionate about what they do. Overall the programme is brilliant and the only place I have found to do a fast in luxury. the villas are beautiful bali style two story villas with beautiful ocean views, so that you wake up watching the neigbrouring villagers heading off on their sailing boats for their morning fishing trip. They are clean with luxury outdoor showers.
I am looking to do another retreat somewhere in Europe and there just seems to be nothing of this scale and luxury at a very affordable price. Hence my delayed review of Golden Rock, having found nothing to compare I am about to return for the second year running. The only negatives are, it is a 3 hour drive around widing roads and you can't swim at the beach as it is too painful and slippery to get over the rocks to the water. Besides that, I would absolutely recommend this to anyone wanting to do a fast with fantastic service and support, in a luxury surrounding and a comprehensive programme (including 2 x daily yoga and full treatments). I have done oodles of research on fasting retreats and have been on 2 other retreats, including Kamalaya (beautiful resort where you get charged astronomical prices for every little extra and they do not offer fasting or propert detox menu) as well as a more low key programme - neither compares to Golden Rock. One last thing, you will never get bored as there programme keeps you busy, you will leave feeling like a new person and it has certainly changed my eating habils.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
8  Thank minky_068
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amed
0.2 km away
Meditasi Bungalows
#3 of 5 in Bunutan
2.1 km away
Villa Infinite Horizon

Been to Golden Rock Retreat? Share your experiences!