All reviewsrooftop barprivate poolbedroom villavilla numbergreat happy hourcoffee machinemain poolchannasix daysbody scrubluxury hotellipah bayhour drivespecial thanksevery eveningstunning viewsbreakfast was included
Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Griya on a 9 day round-Bali trip, following a frenetic tour around Amed trying to find a placr that could accommodate my mom who could not do too many stairs.

When we found the Griya, it was more than we expected for Amed. The view is second to none, and the design is very well thought out. This we did not realize until after we stayed at a number of 5-star resorts in other areas and found bothersome things where we asked each other, "how come we didn't have this problem at the Griya?"

Would stay here again, 100%. Also would eat again at The Grill and Apneista while we are there

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank eprajogo
Reviewed May 31, 2018

This was a 2.5 hour drive from our previous stop. The drive was interesting, but confirmed that you would have to be insane to rent a car in Bali.

Lovely welcome at the Griya, and we took the Golf cart up to our pool villa. Probably the most beautiful setting, ever. You looked out over the pool to the ocean, far below.

The villa was extremely comfortable and well equipped. My complaint is subjective. The mattress was way too soft, and my back paid for it each morning. A/C was excellent. A separate living room/ dining room/ kitchen area. We took several meals there.

Ahmed is known as a dive resort. We went to one of the beaches, and it was narrow, and very hot. No visibility for snorkeling. Returned to hotel and spent day at our pool.

Complaints - “entertainment” at night was anything but they were loud, and to be flattering, not very talented.

The Emerald Spa treatment was a joke. They put four green stones on your face ro center your aura. Yes, I’m really saying that. Little or no massage. It is a waste of time. If you like Sedona, it’s for you. If you’re lucid, it’s not.

Major complaint was no hot water. Luke warm at best. Annoying

For only the third time ever did I return a wine. It was an Austalian Sauvignon Blanc, which was too old and tasted as if it had been baked in the sun.

The Griya is a wonderful, generous resort, with really nice staff. It has the physical plant, but needs work to make it world class.

Room Tip: Villa 11 is exquisite
Reviewed May 31, 2018

The Griya Villas and Spa is hands down my favorite villa in all of Bali. The moment I stepped into the resort I was stunned by the kindness, generosity and overall beauty of the place. From the genuine willingness to accommodate from the lovely staff, to the delicious food from Safka restaurant, to the 5 star massages we received - I couldn't recommend the Griya enough! Not to mention our villa (private infinity pool and gorgeous outdoor shower included) was absolutely next-level. If you're visiting Bali, do yourself a favor and book a couple nights at the Griya for the best stay of your life!

Room Tip: All rooms are absolutely fabulous!
1  Thank Alexandra B
Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

Griya is next level above and beyond other places in Bali to stay. The bliss package was the best way to experience the villa for a whole week and have a taste of all that the centre has to offer. The restaurant, spa, activities and private photography exceeded expectations and the service was second to none.
The only booking where real life looks better than the photos on the website!
Will definitely recommend and will definitely be back!
Morgan & Keely

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2018

By popular opinion around Amed, this is one of the best and most luxurious places to stay in the area and I would definitely recommend it. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the food is very good (loved the beef rendang) but in particular I would recommend a trip to their spa. My wife and I both had a fantastic balinese massage for 90 minutes for an incredible price.

1  Thank Robin D