Our family of 5(three daughters aged 13,10 and 6) spent four nights at Apa Kabar in the three bedroom villa. We enjoyed our time there and it was especially nice to stay at the beginning of June before the tourist rush so the children mostly had the pool to themselves. It's in a great spot in quiet Bunutan amongst the frangipani trees within steps of the beach and with good snorkelling practically on the doorstep. The stony beach outside was lined with fishing boats which would go out every morning and late afternoon. It was nice to be amongst everyday Balinese life.
The staff were so lovely that I feel guilty saying anything bad about the place but I hope this is taken as a constructive criticism - it would be so easy to fix the little things and make a good place, great. The smaller villas looked lovely, especially the orange two bedroom villas with the ornate wooden doors(I had a peek inside too) but I got the feeling our villa wasn't used much and while attention was given to swan shaped towels on arrival and beautifully arranged flowers, the windows were dirty, the tea and coffee jars were half empty or empty and the stairs up to the neglected balcony were dusty. Mostly the beach was pretty good in terms of rubbish but once again it would have been so easy for the staff to quickly pick up the small amount of rubbish that was right outside the hotel especially when it was so quiet anyway. Things were immediately fixed when we pointed anything out and we still enjoyed our time.
We would recommend the whole pineapple dessert which came elaborately decorated much to my daughter's delight!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to ApaKabar Villas. Built in 1999 on a former rice paddy adjacent to the Bali Sea is owned by local native Wayan Menu and his friends Robby and Jim, Apa Kabar has grown and prospered into a stunning, boutique hotel.In 2015 a complete renovation was finished on the grounds, the cottages, a new restaurant and the addition of four ocean-front cottages. Our attentive family of staff members have become famous for their service and are always available for your needs.Apa Kabar is located on the tranquil, eastern coast of Bali, in the area known as Amed. Famous for outstanding diving, snorkeling, hiking and a relaxed ambiance, the area has amazing natural beauty and the people are warm and friendly. Apakabar Villas is an ideal location for those who wish to experience the "authentic" Bali, far away from the tourist crowds.The accommodations consist of 6 beautifully furnished, air-conditioned, one-bedroom cottages 4 of which contain a loft which includes two twin-sized futons along with a king size bed on the ground floor. All the rooms have beautiful, marble-tiled bathrooms and shower/baths. The rooms face the ocean, the beautiful swimming pool, rice paddies, or the tropical gardens on the property. There are also two two-bedroom villas located on the property. Each can be rented wholly or separated into one-bedroom units. And there is one 3 bedroom private house available.On site is our beautiful, open-air,restaurant offering a full-service menu of delicious local Balinese and Indonesian cuisine. Discover the culture, beauty and delightful people of Bali while enjoying a truly unique adventure on this magical island! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Apa Kabar Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apa Kabar Villas Hotel Amed
- Apa Kabar Villas Amed, Bali