“Do NOT stay here”
Review of Comfort Inn Towson

Comfort Inn Towson
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Towson
Reviewed 16 June 2017

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past when I visit my family in Maryland. I stayed June 9-11, 2017 and will NEVER stay at this hotel again. To start the elevator has been down due to maintenance for about 1 year which leaves one elevator working so be prepared to walk up and down the stairs. I stood there Friday and Saturday nights and the smell of marihuana was overwhelming when I walked out of my room every morning meanwhile this is a non smoking hotel but I guess you can smoke pot. The shady characters in the lobby and parking lot with no security around kept me on my guard. I have tried to contact the manager Jay Bhavsar about 3 or 4 times and left him messages but he does not return calls. I also left a message for him when I checked out so apparently he doesn't care about how his customers feel about this establishment.

Room Tip: Higher floor means more steps to climb
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Rob W

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Very outdated. Only slept good because we were too tired. The shower head was horrible. Breakfast was ok, not very appealing. Manager/owner was very polite and very helpful. Cannot remember her name but looked as if she did everything, checked us in late and checked us out early.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank GregRhondaC
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

This hotel was awesome great service and the breakfast was delicious. Definitely will book again for my upcoming events. Great parking area for vehicles. Hotel was very clean and the staff was always around to assist.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Wallace W
Reviewed 29 May 2017

I checked into the hotel with a not very friendly lady, but quite honestly that didnt even bother me. You would think though an owner would want someone happy and upbeat at the front desk. She assigned us our room and we went up to the 4th floor of this "non smoking" hotel. We walked in the room and besides it smelling musty, old and humid (it was only 65 degrees out) it reeked of marijuana. I walked back downstairs and she looked at me like I had 10 heads when I told her. She assigned us to another room and this one still had the horrible musty, old and humid smell. If it were the first room I walked into I would have asked to change however I realized that must be all of their rooms. The bathroom tub was leaking the whole night, the rooms need severe fixing. I stayed here about 2 years ago and it wasnt this bad. Needless to say I wont make the same mistake again. Its a shame because it is in a very convenient location.

Room Tip: Stay away for a good room
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank pritbrit
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Worst attention ever , the people at the front desk really rude . they dont have microwave and refrigerator in the rooms and I had to wait to late to get a room after work overnight . I was trying to wash my clothes at midnight and the guy at the front desk told me I couldn't , but they don't have any sign with the laundry hours outside the guest laundry room

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Dayana Z
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

There's an odd vibe at this hotel. It looks updated outside and in the hallways, but it also shows a lot of wear--almost as if it had been many hotels and they just keep painting it. The rate was good and it seemed clean. The room was small but ok for solo travel. No particular complaints, but it didn't feel like a treat.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank meandean6718
Reviewed 5 May 2017

Rented 3 rooms, paid them using Expedia, only had 2 rooms ready when we got there. Toilet was broken in one room, "our girls room", the staff told us they couldn't fix it and we couldn't have another room, the rooms were unclean, we ended up moving to another hotel, We asked for refund, they denied any plea for that... Customer service was terrible. My advise, don't go here!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Trevor W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Towson
0.7 km away
Best Western Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
3.6 km away
Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel
7.2 km away
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North - Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North -...
#2 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
3.2 km away
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
9.3 km away
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium
Extended Stay America - Baltimor...
#1 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
9.1 km away
Holiday Inn Timonium
Holiday Inn Timonium
#2 of 3 in Timonium

Been to Comfort Inn Towson? Share your experiences!