“Hotel process disappointing. Charged twice on credit card.”
Review of Comfort Inn Towson

Comfort Inn Towson
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Towson
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I DID NOT STAY AT THE HOTEL. This is not a review of my stay, but a review of this hotel's process. We made reservations to stay one night. Due to an emergency, I was unable to stay and as luck would have it - forgot to call and cancel in time. I now have to pay for the night's stay anyway - NO PROBLEM, that's the rule. I am upset because this hotel made two separate charges on my credit card. Neither charge was the actual total price of the night's stay. I contacted the hotel and was told the manager was not in until the afternoon. The desk person was not able to assist me. I finally did speak w/ a manager. He stated that he would fix the problem, however I have not seen the credit/hold removed as of yet. I spoke w/ the credit card company and as of now, there is an 8 day hold unless the hotel removes the hold. I don't understand why they would charge me twice (2x more than the room cost). Most times, I pay for my stay in cash just to avoid these problems. Based on the time the charges were applied to my card, the hotel did not know if I would be a late check in or not and decided to charge my card 2x anyway. Quite disappointing.

Room Tip: Try to pay for the rooms in cash to avoid holds on your credit card
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

WE checked out at 9:00am ON SUNDAY AUGUST 13th. My wife forgot her sweater on the chair in the room. I called Sunday afternoon and was told housekeeping is gone for the day and to call back on Monday. I called this morning and a man said they will call me back. No one returned my call so at approximately 4:00 pm I called and again I spoke to this same man. He said no one found a sweater in the room we were in. I said to him that means your housekeeping employees either threw it away or took it for themselves. I believe the latter. His response was """ITS NOT MY FAULT""" and he hung up. Do not go to this place.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Scott D
Reviewed 9 August 2017

The rooms are clean but very tired. Mine had some peeling paint as shown in the photos. The included 'hot' breakfast was adequate but its schedule seems to be at the whim of the staff. Scheduled for 6-9 am, one day nothing was out until 6:40 -- too late to eat and still make my meeting. The next day I arrived right at 9 and the door was locked with a number of guests inside. I got the manager to let me in, but the cleanup continued with astonishing speed and I was limited to cereal. The elevators are incredibly slow and one of the two appeared to be out of order. Not a good value for the price.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Parrotheadpirate
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Fellow travelers please beware photos are not what they seem. The rooms looked very wearn down and had a moldy smell my wife has bad allergies so we needed to move to another hotel. The hall way smelled like Amsterdam on a Friday night. But the hotel was understanding and refunded so for that I will give them 2 stars

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Wonderful hotel with wonderful people running it! Very friendly owner at front desk upon my arrival. Hidden in the rare "quiet" nook in Baltimore, I would definitely recommend this location for anyone on business or leisure!!
I like to walk into a hotel and notice that it's well taken care of, as I do in this Comfort Inn!
Great location for close dining, shopping, and entertainment!
Trust me, you won't be disappointed!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2017

My daughter and I stayed here for 2 nights. The hotel isn't new, but it's good enough. Some parts were definitely worn and dated but, for the price, it was just fine. The room was quiet enough and comfortable. The bathroom could have been cleaner, but it wasn't bad. Breakfast was pretty good, but not great. All in all it was well worth what I was charged. I would stay again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I would give this place one star but since the bed was comfortable I will give 2 stars. Kind of hard to get to once off the interstate. Check in was easy and attendant was nice enough. Asked about late check out and was told I have to ask the next morning, ok a little inconvenience. It kind of went down hill from there. The key card did not want to work in the door, but after the 3rd try it finally let me into the room. The room was dark and had a musty smell. The furniture except for the bed all looked like then seen better days. All mismatched and scratched up or broken. I checked out the bed first, no cover over the mattress, which I didn't like, just a sheet. The chair in the room was dirty and stained. The carpet and walls were dirty. The bathroom was clean at least. I put all my stuff and tried to get comfortable. I had to walk down the hall to get ice, no refrigerator or microwave in the room. Relaxed a little while and tried to watch tv, a lot of channels didn't work or were staticky. Later I tried to get a bath and the water barely for warm. The toilet didn't flush right, had to flush a couple times. When I went to bed, it was noisy, doors slamming and people yelling in the hallways. Not exactly good for relaxing to sleep. I finally fell asleep but was woke up at 7 am by slamming doors again. I just checked out on time because I didn't not feel like being there one minute longer. I would of left before getting settled in, but didn't feel like trying to find another hotel. I just was happy to check out and get out there the next morning. Was not even asked how things where when I checked out. Beware of this place, for what they charge they should have better rooms.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Towson
0.7 km away
Best Western Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
3.6 km away
Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel
7.2 km away
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North - Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North -...
#2 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
3.2 km away
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
9.3 km away
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium
Extended Stay America - Baltimor...
#1 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
12.8 km away
Residence Inn Baltimore Hunt Valley

Been to Comfort Inn Towson? Share your experiences!