“The Tjakra Seven Spa at the Pullman Hotel - please give me more”

Pullman Bali Legian Beach
Ranked #11 of 88 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Yeah the hotel has some flaws and that will be a subject of my review when I check out, but an oasis in the resort is the SPA. Its like the garden of Eden when you open the internal doors to the wonderful serenity of the Vitality Hydro Pool and Treatment area.
The spa is well priced for the amazing service. Dont be mislead this is not a BALI street spa, this is the real deal and well worth the $50 for an hour massage. On commencement of your procedure you are settled with a fantastic mango drink and cool towel then a soothing foot bath and freshen up. You are then ushered into the change rooms which are just spotless and divine to undress and move into your spa robe and slippers. Then its off to your treatment room which are truly sublime and your treatment is completed. There is a great menu of offerings available to cover all normal spa services and a couple of specials as well. Products are divine. To finish your treatment off you are escorted to the 'chill out' room where you lay back in a heated lounge with soothing tomes while you sip your tea and much on a sugared dried orange and tasty date... all this for as long as it takes to conjour up the energy to leave EDEN.
Yep I have been every day and have bookings for the rest of the week.
The male massause I had on one of my days gave me perhaps the BEST massage I have ever had.... and I am a total spa lush.

Room Tip: Every service at the SPA is sensational but do try the Vitality Pool and the Shirodara massage.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank LesaJ
Write a ReviewReviews (4,173)

A TripAdvisor Member
Perth
Reviewed 22 December 2011

The hotel was lovely,service was 100%. Only problem was that because my partner and i booked online and paid ahead of our stay we couldnt get a refund for a night we didnt need. Plus we paid in american currency not australian so we paid more. The hotel could not even offer free breakfast at least for the couple of hundred more we paid that we didnt even use. That was slightly disappointing,never paying ahead for a hotel again.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
E_c0mmerce, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana. We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed our service. Unfortunately, it was not possible to refund the money as stated in the terms and conditions. I apologize that we could not meet your expectations upon this point. I hope we could welcome you again in the near future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Lilydale
Reviewed 22 December 2011

A modern style hotel with all the requirements in the rooms, just a short 1 minute walk to the beach, and a 2 minute walk to the hustle and bustle of the outside street stalls and markets.
Heaps of good places to have breakfast lunch or dinner, will be staying here again when we next come to Bali.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
E_c0mmerce, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2011

Dear Guest,

Warmest greetings from 'the Island of the Gods'. It is delighting to read that you entitle your review with 'a perfect place to stay in Legian'. Thank you for your efforts to share your experience with us and Tripadvisor and you are more than welcome to come back to Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana.

Reviewed 21 December 2011

the staff very friendly , like the lobby very nice and good decor ,location superb in front of kuta beach,room cozy got choice of hard and soft pillow ,the swimming pool on the roof got a very nice view can see sunset from the pool

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Gunawanh168

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words about Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana. We appreciate you took the time to write this review and we are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your time during your current stay,

Reviewed 20 December 2011

My wife and I stayed at Pullman for 9 Days, 8 Nights. We really enjoyed ourselves very much except for some nitty-gritty issues...

The hotel room was spacious, clean and nicely decorated. The concept of incorporating a huge bathroom with seperate bathtub, shower and toilet was ingenious. The room service staff was prompt and very attentive. In fact, they come to your room twice a day to enquire if you require replenishment of water, clean towels, etc.

However, the parquet flooring (wooded blocks/ tiles) tends to 'squeak' whenever someone walks across it. So, if I wake up in the night to go to the bathroom, I'll be making unbearable 'squeaking' sounds walking over the parquet flooring which will wake my wife up.

I rented a complimentary DVD player from the hotel which was nice, for the entire 9 days. When I checked out on the last day, I was surprised when the receptionist asked for the rental payment of the DVD player at Rp70,000 (USD$7.80) per day. I told her that I was offered free of charge for the rental of the DVD player (subject to availability) prior to my check-in and now, I have to pay for Rp70,000 per day for 9 days of rental! Then, she chaged her story by explaining that it is now a new policy of the hotel that rental of DVD players have to be charged. I was utterly disappointed at hearing the news. For a supposedly posh hotel like Pullman, it shouldn't be treating its guests like this - every little thing is payment and cost of rental. God knows what is next? Guests have to pay for rental of hair dryer, iron, 3-pin plug, pool towel, extra bottle of mineral water, etc? If the manager is reading this, please reconsider! Thank you!

The bad aside; the staff in the cafe are fantastic. My wife celebrated her birthday at the cafe and was given a cake and great service with excellent authentic Indonesian cusine. We dine there almost evey other night. The food is really good. Heard that the Executive Chef is a French who lives in Bali and trains local chefs in the hotel to fuse French with Indonesian food... tantalising your taste buds all the time! My wife practically fell in love with the menu!

Location is at the end of Jln Melasti. So, it is a good 20 mins walk to Kuta Sq - Hard Rock, sister hotal Mercure Kuta and Matahari. The road is one way and during peak periods - its better to walk back to hotel than to take a cab. And loads of construction along the road with a promising new shopping paradise on the way.

3  Thank Adrian_Chong
E_c0mmerce, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2011

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana. We are honored to read that you appreciate the rooms and the hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inaccuracy regarding the rent of the DVD player. The policy of asking a renting fee started in October, normally the Welcomer Reception explains this to guests before renting. Whenever this has not been done, please send me an email to the following address: h6556-gm2@accor.com. For your information, from the first of January we will change this policy, which means that the renting of DVD players will be free. Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you comment the staff as fantastic, this is an encouragement and will motivate us to improve continuously. I am happy to hear your wife have had a great birthday and that you have enjoyed our restaurant. It is correct that our Executive Chef, Thierry Muller, is French and trains (upcoming) chefs by using his experiences and knowledge. We would like to welcome you again in our hotel and I would like to inform you that we will open a new restaurant, called Sembilan, before the first half of the coming year. It is a modern Balinese Cuisine concept and offers our guests, and outside the hotel guests, an extra option for dining and having a new experience. Once again, thank you for your comprehensive review and hopefully we could offer you a better experience in the next visit. Warmest greetings from Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana.

Reviewed 18 December 2011

Very central Hotel in Legian, best breakfast in Bali, right opposite beach on Melasti St. Staff & service 100 percent. Can highly recommend to all ages. Would like to see more Australians staying at this Hotel. Garden pool, childrens pool on ground floor area, & magnificent pool on the 3rd floor too. Has library room with daily overseas papers, gym at no charge, free internet services etc. Will return again.

5  Thank Tom H
E_c0mmerce, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2011

Dear Guest,

Warmest greetings from Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana. We are pleased to read that your experience meet your epectations. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed our breakfast. Thank you for complimenting our staff and services and we would like to see more Australians as well. It would be great when you are returning to our hotel, you are more than welcome.

Reviewed 18 December 2011

I have just returned from staying at this Hotel for 7 nights and I can definitely say this hotel is the goods. Great facilities and a fabulous location. The beach is right accross the sreet and there are some great little restaurants in the surrounding area only a short 1-2 minute stroll away.

The staff were very friendly and accomodating. We had a big deluxe room and the bathroom was especially spacious. The room was beautifully air conditioned which was great to escape Bali's humidity.

The rooftop pool was stunning and never too busy. I think more people tend to hang out at the pool on the ground floor. The breakfast buffet is truly delicious and the amount of choices is astonishing. They really do cater for everyones different tastes.

Also I will note they have a HUGE air conditioned "Connectivity Room" on the ground floor which has 3 computers, bathroom facilities, many couches/chairs to lounge around in and a big flat screen, We had a late checkout at 2pm and our flight didnt leave until 8pm so it was great to be able to spend some time and relax in the connectivity room until we had to leave.

Room Tip: The rooftop pool is located on the 3rd floor, if youre wanting to relax here a bit then staying on t...
4  Thank PerthDan83

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your quick response after your stay. Hopefully you have had a good flight back. We are happy to learn that the title of your review is "Great hotel in a great location". We really appreciate your comprehensive review and your compliments regarding our staff, Infinity Pool, breakfast and the rooms. Concerning the connectivity lounge, it is always possible to stay there after check out and take a shower for example. We are glad you could make use of it. Once again, thank you and we hope we could provide you another great stay in the near future.

Siswo Susetyo,
Executive Assistant Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
0.2 km away
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa
3 km away
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
The Magani Hotel and Spa

Been to Pullman Bali Legian Beach? Share your experiences!