“to big”

Pullman Bali Legian Beach
Ranked #11 of 88 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed 17 November 2012

We have just come back from staying at the pullman in bali. While the staff are absolutely lovely and the breakfast is wonderful the hotel for my liking is too large. While that is no reflection on the hotel itself the rooms are lovely and the pool area downstairs has plenty of shade the infinity pool on the 3rd floor offers no shade at all. The ceiling on the 3rd floor damaged due to what seems to be a leaky airconditioner. The location is great with plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Some balconys seem to be a lot smaller than others
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cathy b
Write a ReviewReviews (4,172)

Reviewed 17 November 2012

I booked Pullman for 3 nights to spend with my family, decided to book the 2 bedroom suite since i am travelling with my parents and 22 months old daughter. I read the reviews on trip advisor which some of them had unpleasant experiences. I decided to contact the hotel directly thru Aline Marty, Executive Manager Welcomer, which she assured me that she will look after us during our stay. I confirmed my booking after Santoso, reservation, accommodate my request of my room layout and a quiet wing to avoid those irregular noises off the construction. I honestly appreciate their terrific service to accommodate and assure my requests.

My flight landed at 11am so i decided to drop my bags at reception and went for a lunch, I came back at 2.30pm and expect that my room is ready by then. I was advised that the room is not ready due to the allocation as my requests, one of the bedroom was still in cleaning process but they made it a priority and asked us to wait at connectivity lounge. My wife decided to get in the room since my daughter needed to take a nap while my parents were waiting for the other bedroom.

I am staying at 2 bedroom suite therefore it has a spacious living room with a 42" LCD TV, separate A/C controller, a shower & toilet, a dining table and a sofa bed. Each bedroom has its own LCD TV, A/C controller, king bed, bath tub, safe box, a work desk and a couch. The bathroom in master bedroom is spacious. But I have to admit that the interior is less than my expectation and the interior finishing work is not a 5 star class unfortunately.

My bad experiences started on my first night where my A/C is not cold enough, i set it up at its coolest setting but the room was still at 26 degrees celsius so I called a technician to fix it and the room temperature went down to 24 degrees after 45 minutes. The floor is creaky so I have to walk softly while my daughter is sleeping.

The breakfast has standard range of food including salads, asian, continental, japanese, breads, deserts, choc fondue, juices, fruits and ice cream. But I think they could have a better taste, quality and service. Some of the food were tasteless, hash brown was soggy. We were sitting next to drinks area and i heard some guests asking for glasses on more than 3 occasions. When my wife asked for some milk for her coffee, she was advised to take the milk from the drinks area, we expect a better service from a 5 star hotel.

The hotel itself has a good layout, 2 swimming pools (including infinity pool overlooking Kuta Beach), a kids pool, kids club, gym & spa. Some constructions are in progress all over the area, which reasonable for me since they have a poor building condition at some part of the areas. The most annoying part for me happened tonight, they still had a construction at 9pm when our daughter needs her sleeping time. My wife called operator and advised that there was not any work scheduled for tonight and it might be the noise of water pump. The noise kept going on after her call so I came out of my room and saw there was people doing construction at the park behind my building. I got a room on level 3 and the construction happening at ground floor. A hotel staff happened to notice me and asked if I am all right, I asked him whether its reasonable to have the construction work until 9pm and advised him that I checked with the operator where they did not have any work scheduled for tonight. He answered that the work is not part of Pullman Hotel but the "Company". I was speechless at his answer and asked him if there is any way to stop the construction and he replied that he will talk with his superior.

As i am writing this review, i am spending my second night and i have another night to go. Honestly, I am impressed with the service provided by their reception staffs, Aline & Santoso. But the hotel management needs a lot to do in order to catch up with the standard of Pullman Hotels

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mitjh
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Stayed at the beach front wing. Love the sound of the waves as the tides comes in. Perfect to just chill at the patio at the cooler times of the day. Room was really clean. Bathtub fairly big and a lovely separate rain shower. A fair number of cheap eats behind the hotel (found a really cheap pizza and beer place). Nice surroundings in the hotel grounds. Only letdown: Infinity pool looks dirty though. Hardly any shade around the infinity pool too, sunblock is essential!

Room Tip: Worth to spend more for the beachfront rooms if you love the sea!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marcusvoon
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I honestly want to feel better about this hotel than I do. I was staying at the hotel and attending a conference at a different hotel down the street.
The room was very nice (1 bedroom suite) in the sense that there was a lot of space, the bathroom facilities were nice-huge bathtub and I really enjoyed the toiletries provided by the hotel. The breakfast buffet was very good, as was the service in the restaurant. Room service was good and very timely.The infinity pool on the roof is an excellent place to have an after work drink and watch the sunset.
On the flipside, I had ants in my bed, the wifi, while free, worked intermittently and the hotel staff was reluctant to finally send an IT tech to fix it, although they did finally do this on the last evening of my stay.Further, I had a pair of shoes go missing from my room-hotel staff was unconcerned, and there was an extreme wait at checkout while they half hardheartedly attempted to fix my incorrect bill. Ultimately the manager of the hotel resolved the issue with my bill after I had to leave for the airport. I received a revised and correct invoice an revised credit card charge upon my arrival back in the US via email. I do appreciate the final fix, however feel that it required a lot of demand on my part for something that should have been correct in the first place. I should mention that the issue was that I was actually undercharged. This was not a dispute about extra charges, etc.
As I said I want to feel better about my stay at the Pullman, because there were some good aspects of my stay, but I've rated the hotel poor vs. average because of the price. I'd expect the issues I had at a cheap beach hotel, not one that was over $230/night.

Room Tip: Try to get an inward facing room. My patio was on the street side and there was a lot of noise almos...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
E_c0mmerce, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2012

Dear lisanichols20,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments, and I am sorry we met upon departure while we kept you waiting for your final invoice.
Rest assured that we take note of your detailed feedbacks as listening to our guests will always be the best way for us to improve our services.
We also thank you for highlighting all the positive aspects of your stay, among which the comfort of your one bedroom suite.
We thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Aline Marty
Executive Manager Welcomer Department

Reviewed 12 November 2012

The Hotel is very much on the beach you can say, just cross a street n u get the beach. Has very good rooms, with good wifi connection, the restaurants serves breakfast, lunch & dinner. The pools in the hotel are very good especially the roof top pool with a good view of the beach & sunset. The airport cab charges 70, 000 IDR. Also has a great option to dine outside & visit the legian street for some clubs, shopping & local food.

Room Tip: Good Hotel but you can get other hotels in cheap rate too, can try Harris resort nearby
5  Thank Viven09
Reviewed 12 November 2012

1  Thank drprkmadam
Reviewed 11 November 2012 via mobile

We have just returned from a 9 day stay at the Pullman. The rooms were modern and good size, a bit smelly in the bathroom but that is the water I think. No creaking floorboards either!! Breakfast was good and the grounds are nice. Has two pools, we didn't swim in the Infinity pool as there is no shade at all up there. The other pool is nice but not very big, luckily there were not many people using it when we were there but would be interesting to see if there was as there would not be enough pool lounges. Overall it is in a great location. The dining area has a lot of problem with water on the floor and when we were there one part had the whole floor ripped up due to the floorboards being damaged. Hope they sort the flooring out! Air conditioning in our friends room was not that cold but was good in ours. Would stay there again but there are others I would prefer over the Pullman.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Jules1964

Dear Jules 1964,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments, especially as you stayed with us for quite a long stay.

We are glad to read you enjoyed our breakfast buffet which is usually highly praised by our guests and I am happy to let you know that the restaurant floor is being changed at the moment and that it will be completed in a couple of weeks.

Aline Marty
Executive Manager Welcomer Department

Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
0.2 km away
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa
3 km away
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
The Magani Hotel and Spa

Been to Pullman Bali Legian Beach? Share your experiences!