4,502 results
All reviews infinity pool ocean view room yoga mat connectivity room grand deluxe room accor member across the road beachwalk mall ground level legian beach buffet breakfast kids club welcome drink watch the sunset third floor late check breakfast was amazing
Reviewed November 24, 2012

All you read is true. Accor should be refunding money!
Air con......what air con?
Shower stench......smells like a dead rat
Moldy smells
Broken floors, wet linen from lack of air con. Room noise was terrible bad luck if you wanted to sleep in, the banging started at 9am.....

Positive.... Well priced food (within Kuta hotel prices)

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kerry R
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed here in August, 2012. Firstly the location is great, right accross the road from the beach, not to far from any shops at all including a "REPUTABLE" money eXchange.

All the hotel staff were very friendly and always smiling and ready to help you - thats what I call CUSTOMER SERVICE.

The property itself was great. Quite large with alot of space in the middle, I would suggest in putting in another pool though as there are only two and they aren't tiny, but could be bigger. Go to the rooftop pool for sunset, great!

The rooms were great, clean, comfy, the bathrooms amazing. I stayed in a standard lead-in room and I was happy. The beds were very comfy, the linen nice and soft same as the pillows.

Going into the restaurant, which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner I believe, the breakfast itself was amazing, so much to choose from, they even had a chocolate fondu for breakfast, thats what I call a holiday haha!

There is also a spa and a modern gym, the best gym I have seen in a hotel, you would think you were in a property gym, they had treadmills and modern assisted weight machines and showers.

Room Tip: The standard room is ample for people who love comfort but dont want to go overboard and go up a category.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank MIKEBNE
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I read the reviews for this hotel before booking and I thought that people must have been exaggerating or at the very least they must have been extremely picky about perfection. I have stayed in many Accor properties around the world, in addition I stay in hotels for more than 60 nights per year.

This hotel needs to be closed down and fixed! In fact from what I saw it needs to be closed down, knocked down and rebuilt. If anything the reviews on this website understate the condition of the hotel.

So what is our story?

I read all the reviews for the hotel and saw three reoccuring issues: Squeaky floors, poor air conditioning and construction noise. We overlooked the reviews that mentioned smelly showers as we thought it was simply people who are very picky (Oh and in terms of 'construction noise' the is mentioned in reviews, please be aware this is NOT renovating the hotel it is fixing it). So armed with the information provided by reviewers on Trip Advisor I called the hotel reservation department directly on three occasions. I then followed up with an email to 100% confirm that they would block a room, once we had booked, that did not display any of the issues. After some back and forth we received confirmation that they would block this room for us once we had booked.

I proceeded with the booking for 7 nights in a 2 bedroom king suite, around USD$410 per night. Less than 24 hours after I made the booking that could not be canceled I received an email from the hotel. Sorry sir, we cannot block the room we had intended and I cannot ensure there is no construction noise. We have a 7 month old and 2.5 year old who both sleep during the middle of the day. A quiet room was critical to ensuring a pleasent and relaxing stay. Finally 48 hours later we received another confirmation that they could block a room with no construction noise, new floor boards and working airconditioning.

We arrived at the hotel and the entrance is impressive, everything a hotel of this nature should be. Check in was swift and we were helped to our room by a porter. As we had booked a 2 bedromm king suite it is actually two interconnecting rooms with the second having a very large living room attached.

The porter opened the main room however, the key to the second did not work. He said he would be 5 minutes with new keys. 45 minutes later we are still waiting... I rang front desk. Are you kidding me? I rang three times and the call just rang out. I then rang the Welcomer Number and that too went unanswered. I finally got through to the Welcomer they told me that someone had come already and fixed it. When I told them that was not possible as I was still in the other room waiting to gain access to the second, they seemingly didn't believe me. 15 minutes later we are still waiting and we needed to get the cots out for the kids to sleep... not looking great.

Finally after around 1 hour 15 minutes someone came with new keys and opened the second room. Hmmm it was hot as hell, turned the air down and seemed like damp air was coming out. I knew we had an issue. I called reception and they sent someone up, he confirmed the air was not working and would need 3 hours to fix it. He told me that would need to be done tomorrow.

So after all the effort in booking we now had a room with no air conditioning. Well to be specific it did blow air, the air was warm taking the room to 24 - 25 degrees and making the floor, bedding and clothing in the room damp and moist.

We kept the interconnecting doors open all night to allow some of the air to circulate. Needless to say the kids did not sleep well. You may ask why we did not put the kids into the living room? Well here is a critical design fault with the hotel and was acknowledged by Didi the front desk manager. As the living room is an attached room the a king suite its airconditioning is simply a split vent from the king room. What does this actually mean? It means that the air conditioning unit that is designed to cool only one hotel room is now working to cool two large rooms. Our room 1248 living room faced due west meaning it simply heated up like an oven in the afternoon as the air conditioner simply was not designed to cool two rooms.

Other reviewers briefly mentioned the issue with the way the interconnecting doors worked however, it was not very clear. Basically like an interconnecting room there are two doors each door has a one sided door handle. So you can turn the handle from your room and open the door, however, the next door you cannot open as there is no handle. You need to be in the other room to open it also.

So here is the situation, our 2.5 year old was able to open the main hotel door that leads into the corridor so we needed to put the latch on this to ensure if she opened the door she would not leave the room. This meant the only access to that room was through the interconnecting door however, if she shut that door (there is not way to lock it open) she would now be fully locked in the bedroom.... after some thinking there was only one way we could find a work around. We needed to keep the balcony door unlocked at all times. Not entirely safe right?

Anyway after our night of sleeping in a wet box I called up the reception again to find out when the airconditioner would be fixed. They knew nothing of it and sent up a new 'engineer' to check it. He stood there, with moist floors and hot air and told me 'sir nothing is wrong with airconditioner'. I rang back (after several ring outs) and got hold of the Welcomer and told him that the 'engineer' from last night told us that he needed 3 hours to fix it, that the room was hot and wet and clearly not working. Remember we did have 1 working room so we could easily compare. Finally another engineer appeared and told us 'its not working, cannot fix it today sir.'

We went and had breakfast... the nightmare continues. So we walk into the 'area' for breakfast. The floor is in such bad condition, the area is small because it appears like half the restuarant is closed for 'renovations'. Please nothing in this hotel is being renovated it is being FIXED!! We ask to be seated in the airconditioned area... and guess what. It was HOT AND WET. So now we are sitting in a grotty restaurant, with no air conditioning, in 30+ degree temperature, and my daughter starts to say 'daddy I'm hot' over and over. Now we are not the typical people that would allow the next thing to happen but we simply had to as the conditions in that 'restaurant' were horrendous, we had to take my daughters t-shirt off and let her sit there half naked.

That was it, I went immediately to the front desk and spoke with Didi informing him of everything that had happened. How we made the effort to check before booking for the right room, how I took all the bad feedback on Trip Advisor to be incorrect or exaggerated and booked the hotel. How I had been grossly mislead and let down. He looked like a broken man who had heard the stories many times and a full refund including the night we stayed was processed.

We were there for another few hours and the cracks in this hotel really shone durring the light of day. The main pool is not just small it is crazy, there are odd stools around the pool that do not match. Paint is pealing on the building and concrete areas are patched and falling out. Rooms are closed all over the place and furniture is out on the balconies. This is not a nice environment to relax in at all. As we were going back to our room we bumped into Luke who was some type of high level manager. It was his day off and we had no idea he was even working in the hotel. He was getting in the lift as we were getting out and he mentioned something about how the lift didn't work properly and ended with 'i should know I am the boss here.' We then briefly mentioned our experience and whilst he wanted to fix it again, it was a story he had heard many many times over.

As for the showers... my god. Again I thought people were being picky as odd smells are common in asian countries. The shower literally smells like someone has gone to the toilet in the drain. You need to run the show for several minutes until the smell goes away. Having plumbing experience I would assume this is caused by poor plumbing design where there is no S bend in the pipe under the shower. This cause old water to sit there and basically rot, it also allows for the waste water from the toilet to reverse flow causing the sewage smell. The only way to fix this is to rip up the floor and re do the plumbing. Whilst the smell levels after several minutes of flushing with fresh water, it will absolutely return for the next shower.

In the end we received a full refund. But we did lose 24 hours of our holiday along with the many many hours of research and effort taken to ensure we got the right rooms. At $410 per room the pricing does not meet the quality (even after they fix it). This is a mecure hotel not a Pullman and people should never pay more than $100 - $120 for a 1 bedrom king and the 2 bedroom should be under $200.

At $410 per night there are villas in much more beautiful areas, that offer so much more in service and facilities. And that is exactly where we ended up to enjoy the rest of our holidays. I would like to say, book at the Pullman with your eyes wide open. But I did this and still coped it.

Interestingly when we finally checked out of this hell hole the manager informed us that a whole wing of the hotel was closed down as they had received so many complaints. In addition there are so many other rooms boarded up.

Don't book here!!

Staff are great, but the hotel is a shocker!

Room Tip: Wait until this hotel is redeveloped before going there.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank DapsSydney
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband and I have just stayed at the Pullman for seven days. We have been to Bali many times and chose to stay here after hearing about it whilst staying at the Novotel in Nusa Dua. Our room was a Grand Deluxe which in my opinion had too much waisted space, a tiny balcony, noisy floor boards and tons of mosquitoes. The pool area was much too small whilst the roof top one that was nice did not have any shade. The breakfast room had a very wet floor and lifting floorboards. I nearly slipped holding a glass in my hand. The lack of suitable air conditioning throughout the whole complex made it unbearable. With so many other hotels to pick from we would not even consider returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel, and without exception, found the service from staff in the restaurants and desk's to be fantastic.
However, a few issue's at the hotel meant i wouldn't rush to go back.
We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite, which was nicely appointed and a comfortable size. However for a large room, it had a tiny balcony that looked on to a busy noisy road, so the balcony couldnt be enjoyed.
As has been mentioned numerous times, the wooden floor was raised in area's and very creeky which wasn't ideal when our baby was sleeping. We also had an issue with ants in the room and didnt find the room particularly clean, it was very dusty in places and the shower area had mould spots in numerous places.
As had also been mentioned we noticed the public corridors to be water stained.
Food was good when we had it in the hotel, and prices were reasonable.

Room Tip: Request room away from main road
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family