All reviews room was clean bagels would stay here again hard boiled eggs continental breakfast pleasant stay kansas city easy access front desk staff minute drive parking lot very nice hotel staff was friendly convenient location arrowhead stadium biscuits and gravy the breakfast area
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Stayed 2 nights. First room key did not work, even after getting a second set. Gave us another room.. Got back to room at 5:30 the first day, key did not work. Desk said they only thought we were staying one night, even though the info in their system showed we were there for 2 nights. No maid service the first day. Went to desk again and was told we had a do not disturb sign on our door so no maid service.. We did get a late start that day leaving at 11:00 am, but we removed the do not disturb sign at that time. Desk made a number of excuses and we went down to the desk to get clean towels. I asked to speak to the manager the next day and left my cell phone number. At checkout the following day I again asked about why we did not have maid service and was told we had a do not disturb sign on the door. The person at the desk made all kinds of excuses when I told her the sign was removed when we left, she said we should have told them that we were leaving and it was basically our problem. Not a pleasant stay at all. Desk had more excuses than I have ever heard before. Have stayed at a number of BW, this was the worst. Still waiting to hear from the manager, that was 5 days ago

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2011

This is a very old motel with rooms opening outdoors, where you can drive up to your room (if on ground floor). It appears they added on to the original part. Very small rooms, tiny bathroom with sink outside. Very low sink counter & shower head.

The room was clean but when we arrived in our room, we found someone's smoothie on the floor next to the sofa - the housekeepers? The bolt locks worked but the safety door latch didn't fully close....and we could see light through the bottom of the door in the morning (glad we were upstairs).

The exterior corridors around the motel were gross. Everywhere we walked were cigarette butts and trash, both when we checked in and when we left. Maybe they're short on help? We noticed the (very nice) front desk manager doing double duty as breakfast hostess, including mopping the floor.

Maybe they can't change their age, so they should definitely clean it up. But the area's okay, its right off the highway, and we got a good deal through a BW promo. So its an okay place to stay if the rate is right, but you can likely find much better in independence or surrounding area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Rocker_rep
Reviewed July 21, 2011

This hotel was in a decent area, which felt safe to me. Overall, I had no complaints. The beds were comfy, the room was clean and the bathroom was clean and functional. The room I was in had a sofa, which was nice so I didn't have to sit on the bed. The man at the front desk was very friendly, and the housekeeper I spoke to was very helpful as well. Parking was plentiful and right outside your door. Overall, I was very impressed and have nothing bad to say about this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank USRoadTripper
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Was in town to visit family for one night and the price was wonderful. We couldn't pass it up. Location was perfect, make sure to stay on the north side so you won't be facing the interstate. Room was clean. The only problem we had was trying to find somewhere to eat. We traveled north and the farther north we traveled the more suspect it became. Try delivery or eat in Blue Springs!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2011

nice, comfortable rooms. convenient access to the highway. they gave me a back way to get to the stadium so i didn't get stuck in the highway construction/game traffic. decent continental breakfast too. i'd stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends