All reviewsroom was cleanoff the highwaygreat place to stayhard boiled eggsbagelswould stay here againpleasant staycontinental breakfastkansas cityeasy accessfront desk staffoutdoor poolminute driveparking lotkc areavery nice hotelstaff was friendly
Reviewed April 10, 2012

My husband & I had been having a poor experience at another hotel in the area, so switched over to this one, and were very happy. The room was really clean and nice, and was well equipped with everything we needed. The only downside here is that there is no workout room. You might also want to ask to be on the side that faces away from the freeway, to keep down the noise, if you want your door/window open while you're there. Because the weather was so great, we did!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DiAlaska
Reviewed March 18, 2012

This is an average, basic hotel. Very friendly staff. Clean property. Plenty of parking and well-lit lot. The room I stayed in was very clean, but the bathroom was tiny. Very comfortable beds! The TV has plenty of stations, including 5 HBO channels! This hotel does not have interior corridors, which I prefer. The noise from I-70 and Noland Road can be somewhat bothersome during the day, but was quiet at night. Plenty of restaurants, convenience stores, and grocery stores nearby (most within walking distance). The outdoor pool was closed, since it was March. There is a breakfast offered each morning. Not much of a selection, but there are doughnuts, bagels, English muffins, fruit, 3 different kinds of cereal, milk, juice, coffee, yogurt, and a neat pancake machine. Not a bad stay for the cost.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank NickfromKS
Reviewed December 6, 2011

We had a great stay at the Best Western Truman Inn. Rooms were clean. Staff was very helpful. Great location to everything in the greater kc area. They had a great breakfast with the neatest fresh pancake machine, you just press a button and 2 pancakes are made quickly while you wait. we will stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank G8tr5
Reviewed December 2, 2011

This was a very convenient place to stay to spend some days traveling to the various LDS church history sites. We were able to make day trips to Liberty jail and even up to Winter Quarters and Council Bluffs. The breakfast was very good and a little above average for the usual free Best Western breakfast. The rooms were nice and although ours didn't have a fridge at first, they brought us one when we requested it. There was also a great ice cream shop right next door. The beds were great and the atmosphere was good. There were a couple of sports teams there while we were there with a lot of kids and teenagers and even though they were loud, once we were in our room, the noise stayed outside and we got good sleep.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank kingswin
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I arrived at 9:30pm and was back on the road by 4:00 am so my time was limited here. It was very convenient to I-70 and the clerk was friendly and effecient. I made my reservation about 2 hours out on the smartphone and everything was ready to go when I arrived. The room was clean and the bed was a bit softer than I like but I was tired and slept soundly for my 6 hour stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo