“Good Location, Good Rest”

Best Western Truman Inn
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Reviewed 5 October 2017

Stayed here for one night for an event at Arrowhead Stadium. I also visited the Truman Library on the same visit. The hotel was reasonably close to both. The room was clean and comfortable. The only complaint I have about it was the wi-fi was kind of come and go. It could have been an isolated incident.

Room Tip: Personally, I don't like the ground floor.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Taquenna M, sales at Best Western Truman Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Reviewed 4 October 2017

want to express my thanks and appreciation for the service and care I received at this Best Western Motel. I was on business trip in your area , and I wanted it to be perfect for my planed meetings with Sprint, I was personally assisted for printouts I needed for my meetings . Your staff did not disappoint me, even housekeeping was great too. Enjoyed the dinner next door to your motel which was on walking distance. I have decided to stay with you again on my next revisit in the area. Keep up good work and congratulate your entire staff and pass on my personal THANKS to each and every one.I

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Truman Inn is just a few minutes from the KC Sports Complex (Kauffman, Arrowhead stadiums). The price is very reasonable for a clean and quiet room when visiting for baseball or football trips. Rooms are clean, functional. Hotel is quiet despite location next to I-70. Location is easy access off the highway, 20 min max drive to KC downtown.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Hair and bugs in the bathrooms, tv remote didn't work, floor outside the rooms was breaking apart.. If I hadn't prepaid without the ability to cancel and get a refund we wouldn't have stayed. Staff were sort of helpful but no action was taken to fix the issues we took to them.

Stayed: June 2017
Management response:Responded 3 October 2017

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Clean modern rooms. Very good breakfast food.Hotel is a bit close to the highway so there is traffic noise, but not bad. Well lit and secure feeling for a motel. Only complaint is 2nd floor access is by stairs only.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 24 September 2017

Reviewed 18 September 2017

We've been staying at this hotel every home game of the Kansas City Chiefs for the past 5 years. The staff is always friendly and the rooms are always nice. We've never had any trouble with anything in the room working. They're always clean and easy to get to. Parking is sometimes crowded but usually always find a space pretty close to our room.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 24 September 2017

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Obviously an older hotel but still needs TLC and overall cleaning outside! Room was clean and up to Best Western Standards, however. Leaves and dirt everywhere; overall not up to Best Western standards. Hard to find this hotel even with a GPS.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple