All reviews room was clean bagels would stay here again hard boiled eggs continental breakfast pleasant stay kansas city easy access front desk staff minute drive parking lot very nice hotel staff was friendly convenient location arrowhead stadium biscuits and gravy the breakfast area
Reviewed July 24, 2010

We stayed 2 nights in June at the BW Truman Inn. It was not what I expected from the reviews. It was right next to the interstate, so it was rather noisy at night. The room was cramped for 2 adults and 2 teenagers...you could not walk past the bed without moving a chair. There was no refrigerator. The toilet was slow...even after I had plunged it myself. The poor night staff was overwhelmed with requests and arrivals. On the plus side, breakfast was good and there is a frozen custard place right next door. However, it was not what I would expect from a Best Western.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2010

We stayed here two nights while visiting the Independence area. This motel is an older style, with outside entries. We asked for a room away from the highway which we received. It was smaller than other rooms that we'd had on this trip but clean and neat. Didn't have a refrig which we would have liked. The room was rather dark, again reflecting the older style. Internet worked fine. Breakfast was your basic continental with waffles. The people were very friendly. As long as you recognize that this motel isn't high end, it's fine.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2010

Was greeted by friendly desk staff who processed my reservation quickly. I was given a large, clean comfortable room on the inside, away from the highway, so it was very quiet. Fast wireless internet, good TV, and usual extras. Bed was very comfortable. Full continental breakfast w/waffles, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, pastries, ect. A great stay at a reasonable price with my AAA discount.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2009

Stayed here because of good reviews. A few more $ than I would have preferred buy a decent value. Had a room on the side away from I-70 and it was fine.
Breakfast had good variety of choices.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Every time my Fiance and I have been in need of a hotel in Independence/Kansas City, Missouri this is where we would stay. We have consistently been satisfied with this hotels accomodations, location, cleanliness and staff performance. Although the price is a little on the more expensive side ($75 on average), they do offer a lot of discounts (AAA, Government, Senior, etc.), and after trying a lot of the nearby cheaper hotels we decided we would rather stay in a place that we are consistently happy, safe and comfortable in for the extra cost.

The king size beds are enormous and very comfortable, every TV we've had has worked perfectly, the amenities are great (mini-fridge with freezer, microwave, coffee maker, iron, ironing board), and the rooms are comfortable and clean (no rust or grime in your bathtub, soft towels, no bugs).

The staff has been great to work with, the free WIFI has consistently worked well, and their extended free breakfast is delicious!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business