All reviewsroom was cleangreat place to stayoff the highwayhard boiled eggsbagelswould stay here againpleasant staycontinental breakfastkansas cityfront desk staffeasy accessoutdoor poolminute driveparking lotkc areavery nice hotelstaff was friendly
Reviewed August 18, 2010

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for one night. It is a perfect one night hotel - a place to sleep and wash up for another full day of travelling. The price is very reasonable and if you happen to be in down for a Kansas City Royals or Chiefs games, this hotel is very close to the stadium and ball diamond. The front desk staff is very friendly and the continental breakfast was clean and well stocked. The only downfall was that the air conditioning was very loud and I slept on the sofa bed and the mattress was finished.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2010

We stayed 2 nights in June at the BW Truman Inn. It was not what I expected from the reviews. It was right next to the interstate, so it was rather noisy at night. The room was cramped for 2 adults and 2 teenagers...you could not walk past the bed without moving a chair. There was no refrigerator. The toilet was slow...even after I had plunged it myself. The poor night staff was overwhelmed with requests and arrivals. On the plus side, breakfast was good and there is a frozen custard place right next door. However, it was not what I would expect from a Best Western.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2010

We stayed here two nights while visiting the Independence area. This motel is an older style, with outside entries. We asked for a room away from the highway which we received. It was smaller than other rooms that we'd had on this trip but clean and neat. Didn't have a refrig which we would have liked. The room was rather dark, again reflecting the older style. Internet worked fine. Breakfast was your basic continental with waffles. The people were very friendly. As long as you recognize that this motel isn't high end, it's fine.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2010

Was greeted by friendly desk staff who processed my reservation quickly. I was given a large, clean comfortable room on the inside, away from the highway, so it was very quiet. Fast wireless internet, good TV, and usual extras. Bed was very comfortable. Full continental breakfast w/waffles, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, pastries, ect. A great stay at a reasonable price with my AAA discount.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2009

Stayed here because of good reviews. A few more $ than I would have preferred buy a decent value. Had a room on the side away from I-70 and it was fine.
Breakfast had good variety of choices.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple