All reviews bass small lake walking path rustic decor walk in shower an indoor outdoor pool wine bar loved this hotel los cabos bunk beds modern lodge nice walking whirlpool tub kansas city mexican restaurant recently stayed here nice amenities
Reviewed October 8, 2018

My husband and I checked in for a weekend getaway. The people at check-in/check-out were very nice and friendly. We stayed in a mini suite and the room was very clean and very spacious. My complaints about our particular room was the bed was very squeaky...it was a very comfortable bed, but every time you moved just a little it made noise. The other thing would be the position of the tub stopper for the whirlpool tub was in a very bad position. It is right towards the top middle of one end of the tub where you would naturally want to lay back against and sticks out when you have the tub filled so it is very uncomfortable. It sounded like we had elephants above us stomping around, a dog kept barking, and our neighbors had a fetish with seeing how often they could open and shut their door, so I would have expected better soundproofing for the price of the rooms. As for our experience throughout our stay, two things happened that kind of put a damper in things. When we came back to the hotel one day, the maid had messed with our thermostat and turned our room to 65 degrees. It was cold and rainy out so we were already wet and cold and then you walk into a frigid room...not fun and not called for. Maybe the maid was hot while she was working and then meant to turn it back up before she left, but not a good thing. The other thing was the fire alarm went off early in the morning the day we checked out. It went off just long enough for you to get up, figure out what was going on and then it was turned off. The real kicker was when it went off again an hour later and the same thing. Not pleasant at all. I am not sure what actually happened, but I know there were many irate people. Funnily enough, we were not asked how our stay was when we checked out that morning and I didnt bring it up as I'm sure staff had been chewed up and down by then, but still would have been nice for an acknowledgement of what had happened. It was almost like this was a regular occurrence or something. Anyway, a nice hotel, a bit pricey but very clean. A great mexican restaurant right by it you can walk to.

Room tip: ask for top floor or you will hear people above you
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lyndon H, Guest Relations at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Dear 592kennac, we're glad you found our front desk staff friendly and our rooms clean/spacious. We are sorry to hear about your recent experience us. While the fire alarm was out of our control, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with your bed, the position of the drain in the whirlpool and our housekeeping staff turning down the thermostat in your room. Our goal is always providing a 5-star experience to our guests and it seems that we have fallen short in this situation. Guest feedback is taken very seriously at Stoney Creek and we sent this review to our general manager, Kevin. If you would like we invite you to reach out directly to him via email (Kevin.Klein@StoneyCreekHotels.com) We hope that if you're ever in town visiting again that you'll give us another opportunity to host you.

Lyndon H.
Guest Relations
Stoney Creek Hospitliaty

Reviewed October 7, 2018

The hotel is beautifully decorated and each guest room gives a unique experience. The location is perfect - just outside the city and tucked away in a little wooded area with waterfall and lake views. The amenities are wonderful and the furnishings of both the main areas and the guest rooms brings a whole new atmosphere to the stay. Comfortable bed, clean and fresh rooms, bathrooms and bedding, friendly staff, pet friendly, what a great hotel. Stoney Creek feels more like an escape than just a hotel stay, would recommend over and over.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Julia D, Regional Coordinator at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

Dear svalandra1101,

We appreciate your kind comments regarding your experience at our Kansas City location! It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our valued guests about our amazing brand and wonderful staff. Our picturesque location with a waterfall backdrop is truly a site to see for anyone traveling to Independence. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again at one of our Stoney Creek Hotel properties and truly value your kind accolades of our brand.

Warmest wishes,

Julia D.
Regional Operations Coordinator

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff- super quiet room. Great bed. Nice shower. Conference meals were good. Only issue I had was my remote control & I went downstairs and they replaced the batteries and I was good to go. Loved their core values which I could see from check in desk.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

My father and his fiance checked in today and as we were looking over the room we found a very descriptive note with sexualized language in it dated a week ago inside one of the drawers of a nightstand that the housekeepers did not remove. I was very offended by the letter and it made me question the cleanliness of the rooms. What if I was a child and it was drugs or weapons left in that drawer that I could have easily found and picked up.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 01Anonymous2018
Reviewed September 19, 2018

Stoney Creek was a very nice and clean hotel. It is conveniently located near a Bass Pro Shop and also a Duluth Trading Store. It is not far from the KC sports complex where the concert was held. Breakfast was nice. Hotel personnel were helpful and pleasant. There was also a Los Cabos mexican restaurant next door. We did not eat there.

• Trip type: Travelled with family