“Not the best experience”

Salty Iguana Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 266 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 16, 2017 via mobile

Took my wife to the Salty Iguana for some tacos. The waiter came and took our order but didn't write anything down. Some people are real good at remembering things but this guy didn't have a clue! How do you screw up an order for two tacos? This guy had no trouble at all. In fact he didn't get it right in three attempts! I'll just tell you that was our first and only time we went to the Salty Iguana. This also tells me a lot about the management. If a manager has elected to have his waiters and waitresses not right down an order, he has lost control over his help in this type of situation. It leads me to wonder what's going on with the rest of the business. By the way, the tacos we got were just mediocre and they were still wrong on the third attempt!

Reviewed February 1, 2017 via mobile

Made a reservation for 30 on a Saturday afternoon. Had a great server named Chrissy. She did an excellent job The food came out fast, hot, and just as we had ordered. The Manager Brian came around a few times and checked to see how everyone was. Awesome.experience! Don't forget to try the Iguana Dip!! Great Margaritas too.. We.will return

1  Thank Chris S
Reviewed January 4, 2017

Great place to take the whole family -- especially on Tuesday night. Free Face Painting (but be nice and tip her!) -- Great service, great drinks, great place for kids and family. Queso. Lots and lots of queso!

Reviewed December 18, 2016 via mobile

Fantastic chips and salsa. Food was tasty and fresh with large portions (plenty for a meal for the next day), and our server was spot on. Pleasant and very accommodating.

Reviewed November 16, 2016

I love the tacos. The meat is the best. I even asked the manager how it is done. She explained to whole process. We love to eat tacos on Mondays. My husband also loves the Taco Burrito. The salsa is also very good.