Lowest prices for your stay
US$59
View deal
US$59
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
WyndhamUS$59
PricelineUS$59
Hotels.comUS$59
All reviews room was clean easy access front desk staff continental breakfast kc interstate missouri
Selected filters
Reviewed September 6, 2020 via mobile

We showed up without a reservation and booked a non-smoking room with a king size bed. This was our second time visiting this place.
The service counter person was pleasant enough. Our room was on the main floor and at the end of the hall. I used the restroom straight off and I found it clean and stocked well with fresh smelling towels , soaps, shampoos and lotions. The bed was made up well and I pulled back the sheets to look around and I found everything clean and in order.
The air worked great, the shower was hot after a few minutes. The tv had multiple channels. It was bigger than mine at home. Too big it would hurt your eyes.
We slept well on clean smelling , white sheets with the softest pillows ever.
The only down side if you want to call it that, was the Wi-Fi was slow as mallassis. The carpet in the halls and in spots were well worn, but I didn't sleep on the floor!! No big deal. I'd say all in all it is a decent place to stay, it serves the purpose and wasn't too expensive.
They did not have a Buffet or a continental breakfast, but they had bagged breakfast with, juice, water granola bars and a yummy cup cake. You wouldn't leave hungry. During covid 19 we all have to step up and be content with certain things. I have nothing worth while to say bad about our stay.
We will visit again to Independence and when we do we will stay at the Super 8 in Independence!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Tina M, Owner at Super 8 by Wyndham Independence Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2020

Froggietune,

Greetings from Super 8 by Wyndham Independence Kansas City Hotel. Thank you for your kind comments and review regarding our high standards of cleanliness and hospitality. Hearing about how our efforts to give you a pleasant and accommodating experience have been successful is very rewarding for every member of our staff and management team. Your loyalty is truly appreciated and kind words regarding the five star service and accommodations that you received during your most recent stay with us! We look forward to the next!

Reviewed June 21, 2020

Super 8 in Independence Missouri is poorly managed. The owner acts as if it is an honour to be allowed to pay him more money than reservation guaranteed amount for his below average accommodation. He said he didn't have to honour reservation. I stayed 3 nights. They have me checking out a day later than I did. They did not refund the deposit they charged. Originally man on phone released funds but never showed up so now the say room damaged. I called and was told they kept my deposit due to damage. I requested pictures. They sent pictures. The first one is if spots on a white something don't know what it is. Second is if a screen pushed out from the window. The third picture shows 2 small spots on sheets. So recap on pictures. First do not know what it is. #2 is of a first floor room, I stayed on the second floor. I called to discuss this with them. I was told the angle of the camera gave the illusion of the first floor. If the screen is sitting in the grass, that's the ground. Period. The spot on the sheets are small and normal wear. Wash them and they will be gone. They charged my relative a deposit for the room when I checked out. My deposit should have been released according to their policy. I was told it was released earlier in the week. No mention of damage. These people are dishonest,they have deceitful practices, they are greedy and eager to snatch money for no good cause. If there was damage it should have been noted at the inspection do e when the room changed hands. Beware. Beware. Even the vending machine took my money. Out and out thieves at this Super 8 in Independence Missouri. Shame on you, you took advantage of me while mourning my Father's death. Despicable.

Date of stay: June 2020
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Independence Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2020

seeleheiler,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I'm sorry to learn that you did not fully enjoy the service,
accommodations and hospitality that we hold to such a high degree of importance in our hotel. It is disheartening to hear that you encountered such a difficult situation due to an error, of no
fault of your own and especially disappointed to learn that the situation was not then handled
promptly and professionally. We hope you'll return someday to see how we've grown thanks to valuable guest feedback.

Reviewed March 18, 2020 via mobile

We have stayed here previously on our way back home from CO. The hotel was clean & adequate with easy access off interstate 70 & it's location put us beyond KC for the morning commuter hours. As others have mentioned the front desk staff is not exactly welcoming but was efficient. Also as mentioned there is a deposit put against your credit card. Last year it was removed immediately With the current health crisis we brought clorox wipes in & cleaned every surface in room prior to bringing in luggage. Only negative was the 2 stink bugs I removed from ceiling & flushed down toilet. Hotel currently serving coffee in am with a bag breakfast of granola bar & fruit cup

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Independence Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2020

mamacita,

Thank you for your review, feedback and comments regarding your stay. We are so glad to hear from you and to learn that we were able to give you a pleasant, comfortable and convenient experience. However, I am so sorry for the unfortunate incident that you experienced regarding the visit of unwelcome
pests in your guest room. Any issue related to pest alerts is quickly addressed through professional treatment and investigation. I hope that this will not deter you from enjoying our accommodations and services in the future. We are all looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 2, 2020

I would like to share that I was in the area on business and the room was clean and the environment was nice and quiet. The remote control was not working when I arrived and the young lady at the desk appeared to be pre-occupied. I also asked her why my room was on the 3rd floor and she expressed that the rooms are randomly selected. I did not understand this answer and I asked if there was any chance that I could change rooms and she declined to answer and then she went on to explain the $100 deposit in which I had no knowledge of. She went on to tell me that upon my checking out that the room would be inspected and at this time, my monies would be returned to my card. I asked her if she had any idea of how long it would take for the release of funds and she said immediately which was not the case. Overall, I would suggest that she receive more training.

Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Independence Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2020

Hi lillianhopper,

Thank you so much for your feedback and kind words regarding the five star service and
accommodations that you received during your most recent stay with us! Hearing about how our efforts to give you a pleasant and accommodating experience have been successful is very rewarding for every member of our staff and management team. We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed November 16, 2019

Stayed one night in this hotel and was charged twice for both the deposit and the room. When I called the motel to report it the receptionist was so rude, so lippy, talked unprofessional and hung up on me multiple times, saying, and I quote, "I am tired of this s%&t" the last time she hung up on me. So then my mother called the motel and the receptionist was rude to her too and did not even end the call professionally before connecting my mother to the managers voice mail. On top of all of that, I was forced to wait while someone checked my room before they would let me leave and refund my deposit. I have never been treated like that at any hotel or motel in my life. The crazy thing is that most of the time the managers don't even care when you have a legitimate complaint against one of their employees so then other people get treated the same. I will never return to this motel, it's not worth it.

Date of stay: November 2019
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Independence Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2019

Jamie K,

Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience with our staff and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We apologize if our staff has been rude to you or that they were not treating you as best as they can. Please give us time to investigate the matter of your concern so we can do appropriate actions and feel free to contact us if this situation has not been resolved to your satisfaction. Please consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.