“Can't even get inside”
Review of MiMPi Restaurant

MiMPi Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 27 Restaurants in Munduk
Price range: US$2 - US$32
Description: The MiMPi (Balinese for "dream") Restaurant Munduk Bali has great views of the Bali sea and the central mountains. It is truly a dream like environment where your sights and tastes will be spoilt. Natural materials dominate the interior which blends with the surrounding nature through the glass folding doors which surround it. Outdoor dining on the terrace under our frangipani trees next to the swimming pool or in a private bale bengong (gazebo) is also possible. Table setting includes high quality linnen and flowers MiMPi is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner with seating capacity of fifty guests. No dress code requirements. Hotel guests have first priority on seating, however outside guests are always welcome. We serve Indonesian, Asian and Fusion dishes using as much as possible our home grown vegetables and fruits. In the evening an organic menu is offered alongside an a la carte menu while guests have a choice of delectable dishes for lunch. More generally, our chef is very happy to prepare your favourite dishes - please enquire in advance. Breakfast options cover Balinese, Indonesian, American and Continental choices emphasising fresh and homegrown produce. We store a number of excellent European and New World wines in our cellar to accompany lunches and dinners Finally, Munduk Moding Plantation being a coffee plantation, MiMPi restaurant serves a wide variety of coffees, including the famous "kopi luak". The restaurant is open from 07.15 am. to 10.00 pm. Breakfast time:07.15 am. to 11.00 am. Lunch time:11.45 am. to 04.30 pm. Dinner time:06.30 pm. to 11.00 pm. (Last order 10.00 pm.) All rates are subject to 10% government tax and 11% service charge.
Reviewed October 31, 2018 via mobile

I'm a domestic tourist who love to go to Bali every year, sometimes i stay at bali more than 2 months totaled each year. I want to have a lunch at mimpi restaurant also to check out the hotel for my possible stay next time. When i arrived the security wellcome me and when i told i want to go to restaurant i had to buy getting inside voucher for 500.000 thousand rupiah,and i will get 2 wellcome drinks. I came with my whole family and a photographer which would cost me 3.000.000 rupiah for a drink? No thanks. I want to have lunch and dont mind to spend that much for lunch but for a drink no thanks. I asked if i can check the hotel out the security said not without the voucher. So i think i wont come back to dine or to stay at this place anytime soon. It's a weird wellcoming treatment for me. I stayed at other place that cost a lot more than this place but they was worthed it. I hope the management has an explanation for this condition.

Date of visit: October 2018
Gede S, Executive Assistant Manager at MiMPi Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2018

Dear Claudy H,

On behalf of the whole team,I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for visiting our restaurant recently.

I am sincerely saddened to learn about your recent experience.As mentioned on our website, “we welcome outside guests at MiMPi Restaurant without advance reservation provided you have a day pass. Details on the day passes can be found at on the “special offers” on our website. Should you be interested in visiting the plantation and cannot stay at MMP, please contact us to see whether day passes are available. However, I understand that you might have had no time to consult our website before visiting our restaurant. After reading your comment, I believe that there might have been a misunderstanding between our security officer and yourself. In reality, in exchange of the blue voucher which costs IDR 500.000 per person, you will receive a welcome drink, a set 2 courses lunch, access to all facilities at Munduk Moding Plantation Nature Resort & Spa including the MMP Experience programme, except for our infinity pool and Jacuzzi. I am very sorry for the inconvenient experience given that this was probably not communicated clearly to you. To address the issue you have raised, we have started an intensive training programme for the security team this afternoon to avoid the same incident from repeating itself. Thank you for pointing this out. Surely we will learn from this “incident” given that we commit to award all of our guest with the best service and attention.

Reviewed October 28, 2018

great place, a lot to choose from and is always fresh. Loved it everything we had, and recomend for sure

Date of visit: October 2018
Gede S, Executive Assistant Manager at MiMPi Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2018

Dear Malika P,

On behalf of the whole team,I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for having your meal at our restaurant.

We are delighted after reading your kind comment that the place is great with fresh food and a lot of cuisines to choose from the menu.As you know,we have been using as much as possible the fresh fruits and vegetables from our own vegetables garden to be cooked in the kitchen and then served in the restaurant.

Finally,your recommendation to the other travellers makes everybody at MiMPi Restaurant happy.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Amazing food, drinks and dessert. The place had quality food and very sweet waiters to serve you. A truyl underrated restaurant that deserves a visit.

Date of visit: September 2018
Gede S, Executive Assistant Manager at MiMPi Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Dear Arash S,

On behalf of the whole team,I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for having meal at our restaurant recently.

We are delighted that you found the food and beverage is amazing.In addition,our team is pleased after reading your kind comment given that you appreciate the service offered by our team.

I and all of the team member are looking forward to welcoming you back to our restaurant in the near future.

Reviewed September 15, 2018

Good Indonesian food. Service by my butler was exemplary. The staff couldn’t have been any more helpful.

Date of visit: August 2018
Gede S, Executive Assistant Manager at MiMPi Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2018

Dear Pefuzzo,

On behalf of the whole team,I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for having your meal in our restaurant.

Sugit is super happy after reading your kind comment given that you appreciate his service and company.He sent you his warmest regards.In addition,our kitchen and restaurant team are delighted to know that the Indonesian food is good.As you know,we use as much as possible the fresh ingredients from our own vegetable garden to be cooked in our kitchen and then served in our restaurant.

Reviewed April 18, 2018

A good mix of Indonesian, Balinese and western food. Service was outstanding and food quality excellent

Date of visit: April 2018
Gede S, Executive Assistant Manager at MiMPi Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Dear Christine G,

On behalf of the whole team,I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your experience to the other travellers.

Chef Suar and kitchen team is delighted given that in your opinion the food is good.In addition,Wayan and the MiMPi restaurant team is super happy after reading your kind comment that the service is outstanding.

I and all of the team member are looking forward to welcoming you to our restaurant in the near future.

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to MiMPi Restaurant? Share your experiences!