All reviews nice hotel business trip friendly hotel staff nice decoration nice swimming pool nice room recommend this hotel pastry breakfast menu nice breakfast extra bed pleasant stay many choices local food front office internet connection palembang city
Reviewed May 27, 2017 via mobile

One of my favourite hotel to stay after long road trip to Palembang. Staff are friendly, although I feel that the lobby is quite small (restaurant for breakfast is at the same level).
Hotel room provides plenty of power outlet to plug in; one on each bed side, and two on the desk. For me it's very helpful as I need to recharce my phone, camera, watch, power bank and laptop at the same time!
Plus:
Clean, comfortable, easy access.
Things to improve:
1. Bathroom doesn't have small towel, shower cap and shaving cream/comb
2. Lobby occupies small area next to restaurant, unpleasant mix of smell during breakfast

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
muhaiminramza, General Manager at Aston Palembang Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2017

Pak Nanang W, we apologize for the inconvenience during your stay, we are providing small towels for Room Category Deluxe premier, Junior suite and Executive suite, however for your room it is available upon request, on your next visit we will be very happy to put small towel for your room .
Shower cap, Shaving cream , comb is available upon request .
we are is also on our planning to move the restaurant to the best area available

Reviewed May 26, 2017 via mobile

We stayed for almost two weeks here. I have no complains for this hotel at all except for some leakings from our aircon but the housekeeping fixed it as quickly as they could. The service is great! The room is spacious too.
The location is a bit far from the crowd downtown which makes it a pleasant quiet stay. Although it is a bit hard to find restaurant around but Palembang itself is a small city and is not really a faraway drive to get to the most malls in town. The breakfast is absolutely amazing. So much food to try and I love how they change the palembang authentic specialty everyday, so I basically tried them all.
They also got shuttle from hotel to PTC every weekend.
Overall, totally recommended!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business

70yennyl, thank you for the 5 stars rating.. hope you are enjoy on your trip on the way home , see you again in Palembang

Reviewed May 10, 2017 via mobile

Just 2 night, i've been several times at here, Check was to slow, the room was good enough, spacious and clean, bathroom was ok, breakfast was standard as 4 star hotel, but maybe it was nice if there is another way to hall not beside the restaurant, it's make not comfort for our breakfast or dinner, good parking lot, the swimming pool was dissapointed, little and deep, there's no place to children, the staff was average just do the job and not give more attention to the guest

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2017

I like the welcome and the quick service I had at check in. Generally I am a bit skeptical when I am checking in at hotels in Indonesian cities especially outside of Jakarta and Bali, but the experience I had at Aston Palembang was different. Not only the staff was friendly, the time needed for the check in was short.

I had the executive suite - the hotel has only two types of room I believe, the other being the smaller and less expensive option. The room was spacious but the furnishing was rather bland. The bathroom was huge with a bathtub.

Unfortunately this hotel is in the same predicament as many other hotels in Indonesia in regard to maintenance. The thermostat for air conditioning did not seem to be working while it actually was. I had to experiment and spent time to adjust and check to find out that the thermostat was working. The water pressure was good - often I could not say the same for other Indonesian hotels - but unfortunately the alternating device did not function. I ended up having half of the water wasted down the drain when I showered. A report to the housekeeping department did not change the situation.

Finally about the elevators of which there are only two with low load capacity and a rather small carriage. When there is a wedding party, like what happened during my stay there, the waiting time for elevators was long. I had to give extra waiting time allowance in oder to keep my planned activities.

Overall the hotel is above average in terms of service while some improvements are needed regarding maintenance .

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2017

Fast check-in and check-out process, comfortable room, tasteful breakfast and friendly staff. Suitable place if you looking for hotel which not too far from the airport.

Tips : if you don't have plenty time to buy yourself pempek as a gift for your colleague, the hotel could help you to order at front desk (service charge applied).

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel