All reviews heated pool grass tennis court small luxury hotel sri lanka tea plantation putting green pool table breathtaking views front office two nights nanu oya hill country special thanks hotel management fantastic stay rice and curry english style
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for two nights and it was amazing.

We experienced an excellent service from the staff (Gayantha and the crew).

The hotel design is perfect for the location and has stunning views.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Customer Relati... E, CRM at Amaya Langdale, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Dear Lilan,

Ayubowan from Amaya resorts

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Amaya Langdale on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that you chose our retreat for your holiday experience and that you enjoyed a wonderful and memorable stay with us.

It would be a pleasure to have you with us once again for yet another enjoyable stay .

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

I booked langdale based on the slick website and service offerings they professed to offer as part of their affiliation with the small luxury hotels of the world brand. Having stayed for 3 days at the hotel with my family I can say that the hotel fell woefully short in many ways than one.

CONS (which regretabally vastly outweigh any pros):

Staff - severely undertrained. They did make the effort to be courteous and helpful but their lack of professional hospitality training was undeniably obvious.

Food - absolutely sub par. Their attempt to cook western fare borders on the inedible. (Would suggest sticking to Sri Lankan food varieties, which the chef is likely better at, that would satisfy locals and be a novelty for foreign tourists).

Accommodation - nowhere close to the enticing pictures online. The furniture in the rooms are dated, sheets overused and stained. The bathroom showers were screaming for more water pressure.

PROS:
Location - The hotel is situated in a picturesque locale and is close to Nuwara Eliya.

Premises - The premises were well maintained.

Would advise management to make some major investment in training staff, in revisiting the food menu and in refurbishing the rooms/bathrooms - otherwise I would sereiusly question the hotels ability to qualify as a luxury “anything” of the world.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Curious305397

Dear Kravikul,

Greetings from Amaya Resorts

Thank you for leaving a comment after your stay with us.

All the reviews are extremely important and we consider every single comment in order to improve our service and our customer experience. Every member of the team of Langdale works really hard to meet our guests' expectation and receive many compliments from guests , We are deeply sorry if there has been a misunderstanding and apologize for the areas which were below your expectations.

I hope you will come back some time in order to give us another chance.

Best Regards.

Reviewed August 26, 2018

So I and my husband we stayed for one night. We booked a luxury room and requested a mountain view room, which was the perfect room for us. It had the best view of all.

Ms. Nadeeja and Gayantha were very helpful and the staff was very nice to us.

We did a hike through the tea estate twice, if you don't like leeches then be prepared before going on the hike as there were few of them that crawled on us, but worth the experience.

They even have mini golf, tennis and a pool with an amazing view of the mountains.

Food was great, they have their own set menus which you can choose from.

They have a lovely mini bar, with a pool table and also a piano for any guests to play.

Room tip: Luxury Room (202)
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Customer Relati... E, CRM at Amaya Langdale, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2018

Dear Jade

Ayubowan from Amaya Resorts and Spas!

We were truly happy to read your lovely comments. The hotel does offer a unique experience and it is quite easy to fall in love with it. We are truly grateful for your kind comments and it is rewarding to know that your stay with us was a memorable experience.

Thank you again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back sometime soon.

Thank you for your valued patronage.

Reviewed August 26, 2018

if you're looking for a very intimate experience look no further , Langdale offers your the best views , facilities and food to die for .

Was lucky to have stayed for a couple of days , a truly amazing experience .

Dear Asanka,

Ayubowan from Amaya Resorts and Spas!

We are happy to read your nice comments. We are truly grateful for your kind comments. We are honored to have hosted you.

Thank you for your valued patronage.

Reviewed August 24, 2018

A beautifully located hotel on a hillside surrounded by tea plantations. It's only small with probably no more than 12 or 15 rooms and like a large country house.

There is a small (and I mean small) infinity pool. When we arrived they said the heater had broken that day but we still went in and it was quite chilly. We spoke to other guests who suggested it hadn't been working before this, and it certainly wasn't fixed the next day either. My suspicion is that they don't actually heat it at all! There are I recall 6 sunbeds and a couple of tables and chairs around the pool - which is adequate as it's not busy.

There is also a lovely grass tennis court and mini golf course.

The restaurant is small and intimate with a conservatory extension with nice views, which is where we always ate. Breakfast was from a menu, and whilst good was very small portions, though the waiters always asked if we wanted more and were happy to provide "off menu" options such as bacon sandwiches. These tended to be bigger than the menu options. I had eggs benedict on the first day and it was basically one poached egg on the smallest slice of English Muffin imaginable. My daughter who is vegetarian had eggs, baked beans and hash brown. the hash brown was smaller than my thumb! Novelle Cuisine has a place, but it's not for breakfast !

Dinner was excellent and my wife and I shared a Sri Lankan "rice and curry" (not curry and rice as we'd say in UK!). It was outstanding. My wife is also veggie and reckoned it the best curry she'd ever eaten. There was plenty of it too.

Whilst all the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, special note should go to the two waiting staff and especially the older chap. They were the epitome of excellent service and couldn't have done more or been more friendly.

Our room was upstairs in the main building, was sizeable, clean with dual aspect views. The double bed I had was comfortable and bedding was clean and crisp. There were two single beds for the kids - one of these was noticeably old and clearly rusty which was the first let down. In a place like this, you'd have expected they at least try and cover it with a valance, but it was one of the first things you noticed on entering. Whilst the bathroom was clean, it was clearly in need of some modernising with a little mould and a shower door that was awkward to shut.

My biggest complaint however is that the room - which I understand is the only family room - is directly above the kitchen. With the kids tired out and ready for bed by 9, it was almost impossible to get to sleep til after 11 with the clattering of pans and plates and a radio in the kitchen. I appreciate that kitchens are noisy - but clearly not the best siting for a room that's likely to have young children as resident. The hotel were very sorry when I asked of there was a different room we could move to and obviously explained why.

This aside, it truly is a lovely hotel in a stunning setting. A few small tweaks and it would be perfect. I'd certainly recommend it and would stay again.

Room tip: Don't take the family room which is above the kitchen - unless you don't plan to go to bed before 11, after which it's fine.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ivan1969

Dear Guest,

Ayubowan from Amaya Resorts and Spas!

Thank you for taking out time to review us.

As much as we are happy to see that you liked the stay in beautiful Langdale , we regret that you some aspects were below your expectations. We have made a note of your feedback and would be looking into it. Thank you for your suggestions