See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

The rodeway inn is also called the chillicothe inn according to the sign on the street that u will missed if u r looking for a rodeway inn sign...no bugs noticed and resonably clean. Free breakfast is package muffins and danishes and coffee. A lamp in the room didnt work and the walls are very thin.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2017

According to the sign on the front, the hotel is under new management. Currently, the main sign shows the Chillicothe Inn, rather than Rodeway.

Upon arrival, discovered that the hotel also is a U-Haul rental place as well, since the desk clerk was dealing with a renter. Upon finishing, he took care of us.

The room wasn't really great in terms of its look. Bathroom door would not latch shut as if someone had superglued the latch into the lock. Various parts of wall and door showed damage. Did point it out to the desk clerk, he stated he would make a notation about the damage. He claimed this was one of the better rooms.

Believe the new management needs to do some serious updating to improve this hotel.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

We spent the night at rodeway inn in Chillicothe Ohio last night. They charge a deposit, no microwave in the room. I won't stay there again. My husband killed a bedbug on our bed. NO THANK YOU. I DON'T LIKE BUGS AND SHOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY A DEPOSIT TO SPEND A NIGHT. What do they think we would want out of their rooms. They have nothing worth taking, although I wouldn't take anything if there was

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank NCUPP53
Reviewed November 13, 2016 via mobile

We were in town for a wedding and chose the Chillicothe Inn due to its proximity to the downtown wedding venue. Booked online @hotels.com for $61 after taxes.

Hotel looked old from the outside. The lobby was small and dated and smelled of curry,but the front office staff was friendly and helpful. I had booked the wrong date for our arrival online, but they had room and gave me the same rate that I had paid to book online, which was nice.

Our room looked like it had been recently updated. King-size bed, 40" flatscreen tv with true HD cable. Carpets and bed were clean and in good shape. Bathroom looked like it had got some recent TLC, but there was paint on the outlet covers and light switch--sloppy. Shower was awful to try to get to a good temperature, but it all worked. New heat/ac unit in the room.

I guess there's some breakfast items and coffee in the lobby, but we didn't bother because it looked like it was gonna be pretty minimal.

You can tell they've been doing work to the hotel to bring it back to a decent level. Our room was well worth the $61 we paid.

TL;DR: It's not the Park Place Hotel, by far. It's a $60 room. It was worth that price.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Will M
Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

Not the most comfortable entrance. There were very shady people in the parking lot that were not hotel staff or guests. The entrance is small and dirty, but they were clearly remodeling. There is a nice fireplace that was being used to house file cabinets in it. Keeping the charm of the original hotel would be more inviting. We reserved a two double bed room and those were full when we checked in, so, we ended up with one king size bed. The carpet was new and it looked like they were definitely making improvements and updating. The bathroom was not done yet and was somewhat grimy. Also, I wished I had my own pillow, the pillows were not the same size, there were only two for a king size bed, and they also looked worn and dingy. I'm not sure those that were at the front desk when we checked in and checked out spoke English at all, making it hard to communicate.

Date of stay: August 2016